Chapter 4

Her 

3PM

"Good work Amelia! I bought you some lunch as you're working so hard to make up for yesterday, here." Aiko said as she placed a sandwich and cup of coffee down on Amelia's desk.

"Thank-you so much! That is so sweet of you."

"It's okay, remember that tonight is the meal with the boss! 9:15, don't be late!"

"Thanks Aiko." Amelia replied, taking a sip of the fresh coffee.

She was dreading the outing with the department and boss tonight, she hated when company meals came around each year.
Amelia used to be such a social person when she was younger, but with age, she wanted less of mixing with people, and more time to herself. She was always seen as a quiet and shy person, however, she had a much different side to her once you truly got to know her. Not many people had bothered getting to know her during the last few years though, so she had a specific reputation about her.

'She's too quiet.' 'She's weird.' 'She doesn't like anyone.' 'She's so mean.' Are just a small array of comments passed about her, but she tried not to pay attention.

It wasn't just her social anxiety that pushed her away from the idea of going for a meal, it was the fact that it just totally stressed her out, as it brought back sad memories of when her father first introduced his lover to her. She was seventeen at the time and still hadn't gotten used to the fact that her parents were officially divorced.
Her father had moved out of the house as soon as they'd informed Amelia of their separation, he travelled the world for at least a year before coming back, however, the one day he'd invited her out to go and eat lunch with him, he'd planned a not so exciting surprise.

"Amelia, meet my girlfriend, Nikuru. I met her when on holiday in South Africa and I'm thinking about moving there in a few months to live my life with her."

Amelia hadn't liked this at all, and she'd stormed out of the restaurant with tears pouring down her face. Her sadness didn't bother her father though, as he did infact move to South Africa, got married and had two kids with Nikuru. Ever since, he'd not spoken to her, and she didn't want to speak to him either.

Him

When he'd arrived at work this morning, Jun-seo had been terrified to face his boss, as they left it on rather bad terms yesterday. Yet, to his surprise, he was greeted with open arms and a smile from Samantha.

It was now 3PM and he felt like everything was totally back to normal, which pleased him, he didn't want to have her mad with him for the entire day if his job was to constantly assist her.

"Okay, then I will excuse myself and assistant Kim from this meeting." She smiled to the company investors. "Thank-you so much for coming to this meeting and having a good discussion with me, I hope to see you in the near future."

**

Samantha sighed as Jun-seo closed the door behind them once they'd got back to their private floor.

"Oh, thank God that ended. I thought I was going to die of boredom, I hate meetings with the investors, they're such boring old men who take things far too seriously."

"Miss Bourdette, is there anything I could get for you?" Jun-seo asked, trying to stir away from that topic, she always rambled on about it.

"Jun-seo, come here for a moment please." Samantha said.

He did just as asked, and stood right in front of her, bowing politely. "Yes?"

Samantha placed her left hand on his shoulder, and her right hand on the side of his face.