Chapter 20

♫ The song above is recommended to play as you read the following chapter. ♫   

One year later...

Him

Friday - 7PM

"Jun-seo, I believe you told me that you needed to be somewhere this evening?" 

"Yes sir, I need to leave right now if that is okay with you." He replied, looking up at his boss.

"That's fine, please feel free to excuse yourself. Thank-you for your hard work."

"Thank-you, sir." Jun-seo replied, bowing and grabbing his coat. 

Bourdette now had a new CEO, he was the cousin of Samantha Bourdette, and he had taken her position around six months ago, when she decided to retire early to travel around the world. Exploring new cultures and cuisines was something which she had never had the chance to do, despite her wealthy upbringing. 
Her departure from the company had been a large surprise to everybody at first, but it was a relief to some, especially those who had experienced her angry and snappy attitude. 

**

"Hello, beautiful." Jun-seo said, as Amelia walked out of the elevator, grinning at him.

"Hello, what are you doing out of work so early?" She asked, quickly saying goodnight to her coworkers and kissing him.

"The boss let me out earlier than usual, which is good, I wanted to come and meet you so that we could go home together." He replied, kissing her back.

Amelia had moved into Jun-seo's city apartment four months ago, when their relationship became officially sealed with an engagement ring.
She had been so shocked when Jun-seo proposed, and she didn't know what to say or how to feel, as her opinions on marriage had been heavily altered due to her difficult past dealing with her parents' separation. When Jun-seo had assured her that there was no rush to get married if she didn't want to, she felt more at ease, and eventually said yes.

"Okay then, lets go home." Amelia smiled, taking his hand and pulling him out of the door.

Her

Amelia looked up at the city lights, as the cool breeze blew around them. 

She used to feel melancholic when she walked through the streets, watching the swarms of tired, lonely people pass by. But now, she was able to feel a sense of joy as she could see the beauty of the city. This was home to her, and she wouldn't change it for the world.

The couple clambered down the station steps, gripping onto each others hands, as they were engulfed by the crowds. 

"So, what do you want to do tonight?" Amelia asked, as they jumped onto the packed train.

"We'll just go home and order food." Jun-seo muttered, as he hugged her close to him.

Amelia nodded. "I'd like that very much."

**

Jun-seo unlocked the apartment door, opening it and flicking the hall light on.

"It's warm in here. Did you leave the heater on by mistake?" Amelia asked, as she removed her shoes and jacket.

"No." Jun-seo replied nonchalantly, now walking into the living room with Amelia following behind, flicking the main lights on.

"SURPRISE!" An eruption of voices boomed, causing Amelia to stumble backwards, nearly falling over.

"What the-" Amelia looked up to see a small group of her coworkers, and a very familiar face. "Aiko!" She gasped, running towards her friend and hugging her.