Chapter 9

Him

1:30PM

Jun-seo tried to hold back his yawn as he, his boss and the owner of the company that they were visiting, were all sat in a small meeting room, having a conversation about possibly combining the businesses in the future. 

Jun-seo didn't even know what this company was called or what they did, he just knew that Samantha definitely wouldn't co-operate with them, she just wanted to go to offices in Hasama and look for potential new employees for Bourdette. 

"Some of my best employees will be arriving in a moment to also join this discussion, they are excited to meet you as they look up to you." 

'Ha, what bullshit.' Jun-seo thought to himself. 

"I'm looking forward to meeting them if you have such high praise for them." Samantha responded.

Just as her sentence finished, a knock on the door made Jun-seo stand up straight, and everyone inside made sure they looked tidy. 

"Come in." The company owners' voice boomed loudly, making Jun-seo almost jump out of his skin.

The door slowly opened, and in came about four to five workers, all of them male Asians, apart from the one female that shuffled in behind them. 

She was wearing a blue and white dress that showed her pale skin off.

'A foreigner.' Jun-seo thought, watching her as she bowed and then raised her head.

He didn't expect her to lock eyes with him as she raised her head up, and he also didn't expect to see that she was the beautiful girl he had spoken to last week on the train. 

"You.." Jun-seo mumbled as his own eyes widened. 

Luckily nobody other than her noticed his mumble, but her cheeks becoming pinker by the second was a sign to everyone that something odd was going on. It made him want to reach out and grab her face.

Her

'What is he doing here? Does he work here too? I've never seen him around before.' 

"Hello, my name is Samantha Bourdette, I am the CEO of Bourdette, as you already know from my speech earlier today." Miss Bourdette stood, greeting Amelia and her co-workers, but Amelia couldn't keep her focus, she was too busy wondering what on Earth was happening right now.

"I assume that you are all the best workers here, I am pleased to meet you all and talk more about what you do. Please, take a seat." Miss Bourdette gestured to the seats in front of her. 

Amelia and her co-workers sat down, as their boss started talking about what the company has achieved and what each worker does. She tried to pay attention to what her boss was saying, and how Miss Bourdette was replying, but Amelia couldn't help but feel someone's eyes on her.

After about two minutes had passed, Amelia finally brought herself to look up to the man standing at the back of the room, watching her. As they locked eyes, she felt her cheeks heating up, and as soon as the man smiled at her, she wanted to die on the spot. He was so handsome, and she wondered why he was here, looking at her like this. Was it a dream?

"Miss Hayward?" Her boss' voice brought her attention back straight away, as she looked back and smiled, feeling highly embarrassed. 

"Yes, sir?" She asked, as his face started to turn red too, but definitely not for the same reason.

"Miss Bourdette was asking you a question in English." He said, eyes burning into her. 

Amelia's eyes widened in shock, as she then looked at the female sat in front of her, bowed, and began to speak in English. "I apologise Miss Bourdette, I wasn't in the right mind just then, please forgive me."