Chapter 17

When this symbol appears (♫) the song below it is recommended to play for a better experience when reading the chapter. 

Her - Samantha's POV

7:30PM

Samantha tugged on her fur coat as she left the Bourdette building, making her way towards her favourite restaurant in the city. 

The evening air was so cold, that breathing in felt sharp and unpleasant. It has been snowing all week in Hasama, and whilst the streets were icy and dangerous, the city was still crowded.

**

Samantha approached the familiar building, glancing through the large windows, and immediately pausing, as she was greeted by the sight of her assistant, Kim Jun-seo, the man she had been in love with from the moment she set eyes upon him, and her newest employee, Amelia Hayward, kissing.

"What?" She mumbled out loud to herself in shock.

'Amelia Hayward is the person that Jun-seo was supposed to meet in November? Is that why he got so angry that night with me?'

Samantha suddenly had flashbacks to the first time she had met Amelia. She had noticed Amelia's facial expression as she entered the meeting room and locked eyes with Jun-seo. Noticing the blush on Amelia's cheeks, Samantha had brushed it off, thinking that her reaction was just due to how handsome Jun-seo was.

'How long have they been dating? Did they know each other back then? Is that why Amelia blushed?' Samantha thought, now thinking back to the night she had confessed to Jun-seo.

That night, Jun-seo seemed annoyed to be meeting with her, and when she'd confessed to him, he had immediately denied her feelings for him. Was it because he'd been dating Amelia all of this time?

Samantha almost dropped to the floor in shock, as tears began to spill down her face. She could feel her heart breaking as she continued to watch the man she loved, kiss and whisper sweet nothings to another woman. She hated every second of it, and soon, envy began to flow through her veins. 

The following day - Tuesday

Her

9AM

Amelia had a skip in her step, as she made her way into the design department.

"Good morning Miss Hayward, you look very happy, did you have a nice evening?" Jon asked her.

"Morning!" Amelia bowed. "Yes sir, I had a fantastic evening. I celebrated the designs being completed with a special someone, so I'm in a very good mood." 

Jon laughed. "It's nice to see you so bubbly, come on into the main room, we have a few announcements that came in over night, everybody is inside already." 

Amelia followed him inside and greeted her co-workers, before taking her usual seat at the back of the room.

"Good morning everyone. We've had a few announcements come in for us today, and the first is an urgent one off of Miss Bourdette for...Amelia?"The announcer read out in confusion, making everyone turn to look at Amelia, who was dumbfounded. "Miss Bourdette would like you to go to her office at 9:30AM."

Amelia looked at the clock to see that it was approaching that time, so she stood and took the notice, bowing at everybody in the room. "Then, please excuse me."

**

"Come in!" Samantha's voice called from inside, as Amelia knocked on the door.

Amelia's stomach turned, as she entered the most private part of the company building, Miss Bourdette's main office.