Chapter 11

Him

11AM

"Assistant Kim speaking, how may I help?" He asked into the phone, seeing it was another unknown number.

"He-hello, it's Amelia Hayward. I was given your number on behalf of Miss Bourdette a couple of weeks ago during a meeting at my workplace."

Jun-seo jumped in his seat, shocked to hear this voice on the other end of the line. 

'It's her!'

"Oh! Hello, how may I help you today?" He asked, trying hard to stay professional.

"Miss Bourdette asked me to arrange a meeting with her about a position at the company, and I've been thinking hard about it. Whilst I'm still not sure if I want a job there, I'd like to meet with her to at least discuss it in more detail."

Jun-seo raised his eyebrows. "Okay then, would you like me to see when Miss Bourdette is available to meet with you?"

"Yes please, I hope I'm not burdening you." 

Jun-seo's heart skipped a beat. 

'Her voice is so soft.' 

"Of course not, I'm at work right now sorting her schedule, so I'll give you a call back on this number once I've found a free slot for her to meet with you." 

"Thank-you, I look forward to your reply." Amelia said.

"Goodbye." Jun-seo said, hanging up and immediately scanning the document he was currently looking at, seeing that Samantha's schedule was extremely backed up until the week after next, and wincing. 

'That seems a long time, what if she doesn't want to wait for long? What if she backs out of even coming for an interview?' 

Jun-seo quickly dialled Samantha's mobile number, hoping she'd pick up, and after a few rings, she answered. 

"Jun-seo? Is everything okay at the office? I'm just heading into an important meeting." 

"Everything is okay ma'am, sorry to disturb you, but I just wanted to let you know that Miss Hayward just contacted me about having a meeting with you, and it seems your schedule is very busy until the Monday after next, do you think you could rearrange a meeting or two to fit her in?" 

"Why does that matter, Jun-seo? Is she demanding an earlier meeting time?" Samantha asked, sounding confused.

"She hasn't asked for an earlier meeting time, but she said that she wasn't too sure about things, and so I thought it'd be best to try and meet with her sooner rather than later." 

"It's not like you to request earlier meeting times, we'll just leave it all how it is. Fit her in for when I am free and don't rearrange anything, she'll need to make her own decisions." Samantha replied, "Now, I've got to end the call, I won't be back at the office today, so you can lock up and leave as soon as you're done there!"

"Oh, okay then ma'am, I'll see you soon." Jun-seo responded, hanging up and sighing. 

Her

11:30AM

Amelia paced around her living room, biting her nails and trying to keep calm, she was waiting for a response from Bourdette about a meeting. 

'I can't believe I let mum talk me into this. There's no going back now, I'll have to go through with the meeting.' 

The phone ringing made Amelia jump out of her skin, but she rushed to it anyway, answering with shaky hands, she always disliked speaking on the phone to people.