Chapter 13

Her  

Two weeks later

Monday - 9AM

"Amelia, you can come in now." 

Amelia looked up from her phone, to see her head of department poking his head out of his office door.
Today was the day that she had to go for her meeting with Samantha Bourdette, to talk about moving from her current job, to a job creating designs for one of the biggest fashion companies in the world. 

Amelia was extremely nervous about the meeting already, but what was making it worse, was the fact that she now had to try and lie her way out of work for at least an hour, so she could attend the meeting at 5PM today.
She had thought about asking to leave work two weeks ago, but she had been speaking to Jun-seo, and he suggested for her to leave it until the day of the meeting, and to say that something to do with her visa came up that needed sorting out immediately. 

Amelia made her way inside of the office and sat down, trying not to let a panic attack give her plan away. 

"How can I help you?" Her head of department asked.

"I need to ask you to please excuse me from work for an hour this afternoon, as I have a very important meeting that has come up last minute." Amelia bowed. "I have had a phone call from the British embassy, telling me that I have some troubles with my work visa. Truthfully, I shouldn't be here today, as the problems aren't sorted out yet, but I wanted to come into work to inform you myself." 

Amelia looked at the man in front of her, who turned pale with worry. 

"Do you want me to call the embassy right now and try to get your meeting arranged earlier?" He asked, but Amelia immediately shook her head.

"No, I asked if I could change it, but they told me that I have to be there for 5PM today, no changes are allowed to be made. I am sorry, I only knew about this meeting last evening." 

Her head of department sighed, running his hands through his hair. 

"I'm not supposed to allow you to leave work without asking the head of the company first, he wouldn't be very pleased if he found out, but he also wouldn't be happy if he had somebody illegally working under his company, so, I will give you permission just this once. Please try to be discreet about this and slip under the radar, it would be a lot easier for me if you didn't get caught leaving, and make sure you're no longer than one hour!" 

Amelia was shocked. 

'It worked?' She thought, now nodding and bowing. 

"I understand, thank-you so much. I will now get on with some work, if you'll excuse me." 

Him  

9:15AM

"So, that's all of my schedule for today?" Samantha asked Jun-seo, as he handed her a list of tasks.

"Yes, ma'am." 

Samantha sighed. "I'm exhausted. I am so busy during the summer usually, but this year is a lot worse than before. I can't wait for September to arrive, things slow down at least for a little while then, before all of the Christmas and Winter works begin." 

"I am here to assist you as always, so, please, call me whenever you are struggling with anything." Jun-seo replied. 

Samantha looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank-you Jun-seo. I need to go out right now, but I won't need your assistance for the first couple of meetings. I'll be going alone whilst you get on with some other work."