Chapter 18

♫ The song above is recommended to play as you read the following chapter. 

Pre-warning: Some sections of this chapter could be slightly triggering to those who have dealt with depression/suicidal thoughts, please don't read if you think that it might negatively affect you.

Her

7PM

Amelia sat waiting, eyes stinging from the crying that she had been doing since this morning, when her boss told her that she would lose her job if she didn't break things off with Jun-seo. He was the first person in a long time to come into Amelia's life and change it for the better, and now she had to cut him out like this? It made her feel terrible.

Just as she took a deep breath and calmed down, Jun-seo walked through the doors, eyes immediately searching for her, as she lost her breath once again.

'I can't do this to him.' She repeated in her head, as he frowned at her, before talking to the elderly man who owned the bar, bowing, and heading in her direction. Amelia noticed him shaking, and it caused a pain to shoot through her chest.

"Hey beautiful, what's the matter?" He asked, as he bent down to kiss her, but, she pulled away.

"Um, we need to talk." She muttered, looking down at her hands.

'I just need to cut to the chase.' She thought, as Jun-seo spoke up again.

"Okay, but can you tell me what's wrong first? Why weren't you at work today?"

Amelia didn't reply, she just continued to look down, tears clouding her vision yet again.

"I'm sorry, Jun-seo." She whispered.

"For what?" He asked, going to take her hand in his.

Amelia pulled away from his grasp again, she didn't want to get distracted. If she did, she would never leave him, and it would cost her job and his own, she didn't want that.

"We have to end our relationship." She blurted out, not meaning to sound so blunt, but it was too late to go back and rearrange the wording.

"W-what?" Jun-seo asked, sounding like he'd been slapped in the face.

"I said that we have to end our relationship."

Jun-seo released a small laugh.

"Why do we have to end our relationship?" He asked.

Amelia didn't say anything for a while, she couldn't, tears were beginning to fall.

"Don't ask. Just, just try to forget about me, I-."

"How could I just forget about you, Amelia?" Jun-seo asked, his tears now falling onto the table in front of her.

'I want to disappear. I never wanted to hurt him like this.' 

"Tell me! How could I just forget about you, like you're nothing? Like our relationship didn't happen? Why are you breaking up with me all of a sudden? We were happy together!"

Amelia released a small sob, she couldn't take it anymore, it was all too much to deal with. She stood up and started to walk out of the bar, but Jun-seo stood too, following closely behind.

"Please, don't leave me like this!" He cried, as they got out into the street. "Speak to me! Why are you doing this?"

Amelia didn't reply, she couldn't say anything to him anymore, it hurt too much. She continued walking, her pace becoming faster, and eventually, Jun-seo stopped following.