X. At Long Last....

I got home late that day.  It's a headache; dealing with pirates.  On the other hand, Raichi is safe!!  "Naoto, I'm back." I said walking in.  He ignored me.  "Hey Noato....whats wrong?" I asked.  "Aren't you still mad...that I didn't tell you?" He asked in his bored voice.  "I was never mad!! Just surprised." I answered.  "Hey Naoto....why were you so upset when I told you about Prince Edward.  Almost like you were jealous." I asked.  "Huh? I-It's nothing." He said looking away blushing.  "Hey, isn't your S class trial tomorrow?" He asked.  "Oh yeah, it is I guess." I said.

      There were 12 people competing in the S class, most of them looked tough, but I can pull it off.  During this battle, most of it was child's play.  I've defeated most of the witches and wizards, since Naoto's the prince of this land, also the second strongest wizard, he's the final opponent.
       "Try to remember everything I've taught you." He says as I'm leaving.

"Well....look who's made it this far." Naoto said with a smirk.  "You're the only contestant left, so even if you don't beat me, you'll still win the trial."  "I know, but I could still try." I said.  "I like your attitude." He said with smirk.  I ran at him, with my sword.  With one block, he managed to disarm me.  "Well...whatever, you've won the trail." He said putting his sword away.  "This isn't over yet." I said forming a spell.  He dodged it gracefully, distracting him while I casted another one.  Again, he dodged.  Even if it'd catch him off guard, he still manages to dodge.  "Just give it up.  You've already won." He said crossing his arms.  "What fun would that be?" I asked throwing more at him.  He blocked all of them off.  "We have a winner." He announced.  Who was he talking to?  "See those hidden cameras? You're on TV." He said pointing to all the hidden cameras.  "Strawberry won this trial.  Audiences watching this on TV, give a round of applause." He said facing the camera.

       I looked over at the horizon.  The sun was setting. After this long day, I'm finally an S class witch.  "Mind if I join you?" Naoto asked walking up to me.  "Of course I wouldn't mind." I said as he sat down.  This past year, I've slowly fallen for him.  His presence made my heart pound.  I loved having him around!!  I plan to tell him.  Now that I'm finally S class....I finally have the confidence tell him!!  "Hey Naoto...." I said trailing off.  "Hmm?"  "I know you may not feel the same way but I-I-"  I cut myself off as I got even more nervous.  My face went red. "What do you need?" he asked looking at me.  "I honestly don't know how to tell you....Sometimes it feels like you see me as a kid.  What I'm saying is...." I was cut off when he got up.  "I'm sorry, I have to go.  Tell me later." He said.  My heart dropped.  With that, he walked off.  I nodded and continued to look over the horizon.

       I walked into the cottage to see him reading a book.  "H-Hi Naoto...." I said.  By now, I've realized that he'd never accept my confession.  I may not be one to let anything get me down, but I feel like he'd never accept my feelings, which makes me feel a bit sad.  He must've noticed my mood because he gave me a concerned look.  "Is something wrong?" He asked.  I shook my head.  He shrugged and went back to his book.  I have to at least tell him.  I'll tell him tomorrow.

       I woke at 6:00 in the morning

       I woke at 6:00 in the morning.  I got up and put on a red and green dress.  I plan on telling Naoto this morning.  When I entered the kitchen, he was already cooking.  "N-Naoto....can I talk to you?" I asked.  "What do you need?" He asked.  "Well...um....I've been meaning to tell you this for some time now...um- I uh- Well...I-" "Just make it quick.  I'm not in a mood to listen to stuttering all morning." He snapped making me flinch.  A sting stroke my heart.  Naoto has been under stress recently.  For some unknown reason.  I'm a bit afraid of him at times.  "Sorry....never mind." I said nervously.  "Ugh....Thanks for wasting my time I guess." He said.  I put on my cloak and walked towards the door.  "I'll just stay out of your way." I said walking out.  I walked through the woods as I cried.  I secretly cry whenever he gets mad at me.  I don't get whats on his mind.

       When I got to Eridanus village, I quickly tore off those posters about finding me.
"Hey, you!!" A familiar raspy voice said.  I quickly turned around to see Edward.  What does he want?  "So....where is the princess?" He asked.  I backed away and ran off without a word.  I hate this guy!!  "Not so fast." Edward said pointing his sword at me.  "I will marry the princess." He stated.  "What if she doesn't want you?" I asked.  "Hah!! that's her problem.  I always get what I want.  She'll just have to love me if she wants to live." He said.  "Get lost you pervert!!" I yelled running off.

       I sighed as I entered the cottage.  "What were you doing?" Naoto asked.  "N-Naoto....He-he tried to kill me...." I cried.  "Who did?" He asked angrily.  "Edward."  I muttered.  "Speak up.  I can barely understand you." He said putting his hands on his hips.  "I said it was Edward." I cried.  He pulled me into a tight hug.  "It's typical of him.  From now on....I'll go with you when you're not in this kingdom." He said.  "There's something I've been meaning to tell you...." I cried.  "What is it?" He asked.  "I-I love you...." I said.  He pulled away almost instantly.  "Say that again? I must have heard you wrong." He said.  "I said I love you." I cried.  The room went dead silent.  He showed no emotion.  "You probably don't feel the same way....In fact...admit it....I no more than a burdon....All I do is make you mad...." I cried.  I slowly walked away before a hand grabbed my forearm.  "That's not true." He said giving me slight glare.  "It's annoying when you jump to conclusions like that." He said in his usual impassive tone.  Then out of the blue, he kissed me.  His lips were cold and soft.  He threw his arms around me.  His right arm around my upper back and his left arm around my waist.  My face went bright red as we pulled away.  "I'm sorry about snapping at you this morning." He said.  "I-it's fine..." I stuttered.  My heartbeat increased I got so flustered that I could barely look him in the eye