XXII: The Final Chapter

I watched as Naoto packed the last of his bags. I already packed my bags from my cottage. We're traveling to the the countryside of this kingdom. We didn't even bother to sign the marriage paperwork, and we didn't even do a wedding, we're in too much of a hurry to run away before Edward finds me. The second Naoto was done, we set out to our new home.

It's been a month since I ran away the love of my life. We currently live in a cottage on the mountain side. Being with him is the best thing that's ever happened to me.
I got up bright and early this morning working on my garden. I'm working on winter herbs since autumn is almost over.
"Good morning." Naoto said as he stepped out of our cottage.
"Good morning!" I said as I stood up.
"You sure like to get up early." He said crossing his arms.
"Just planting herbs for winter." I said with a smile. He walked towards me and crouched down by the plants.
"These herbs may be able to survive winter, but one of these herbs grow best in ice." Naoto said pointing at one of my bags of seeds.
"Oh. So do I need to wait longer before planting it?" I asked. He nodded.
"Oh ok. Why don't I make you breakfast?" I asked.
"Sure. I'll help." he said. "You don't have to! I have it all covered." I said.
"Perhaps I want to help." He said with a warm smile.
"Alright. Only if you want to." I said. I put rice in the rice cooker and fried up some eggs, bok-choy and gai-lan while Naoto cut up the garlic. Once we were done breakfast, we went off for a walk.

Our fingers intertwined as we held hands. I could sense Naoto's heartbeat being as fast as mine.
"Hey Naoto....I was wondering if we could maybe have a kid soon." I said.
"I did promise to have kids with you." He said.
"I'm so glad we're married. Now we can be together like this forever and ever." I said as I looked around at the orange trees and all the fallen leaves on the ground.
"Yeah." He said letting go of my hand and wrapping his arm around my waist. I leaned into him a bit as we walked.
"Hey Naoto...." I said.
"Yeah love?" He asked.
"If we had a kid, what would we name it?" I asked.
"It all depends on the gender." Naoto said.
"If it were a boy?" I asked.
"We'd have to wait until the time comes." He said. We turned right on the path back to our cottage.
"I'd really like to raise a child." I said.
"As you wish love." Naoto said. We walked and walked down the path back home. I excitedly ran into our house when I got back.

"You sure seem hyper." Naoto said.
"I'm with you!" I said with a smile.
"Oh that reminds me, I found a really pretty place that I want to show you." Naoto said.
"Really? Didn't we just get back from a walk?" I asked.
"Yes, but i see no harm in showing you this place." He said crossing his arms.
"Ok! Sure! show me this place!" I said. Naoto held my hand and walked me through the woods in a different direction from last time. I walk was silent and peaceful. The scenery in this forest was beautiful. After all, this is an enchanted kingdom.
"We're here." Naoto said. I looked around. It was so beautiful. He took me to a field of flowers that seemed like they went on forever. He crouched down and picked a beautiful pink flower. Holding the flower, he stood up and put it in my hair.
"That flower brings out your eyes." He said with a smile. He started caressing my face with a mesmerized expression. I blushed.
"I love you." I said.
"I love you too."
"I'm so glad I fell for you." I said as my heart started racing.
"I'm glad we ran away together. For the time being, I don't think we have anything to worry about.
"Not even Prince Edward II of Agarthius?" I asked as I spotted his horse. Naoto must've noticed too because he didn't take another step.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Naoto asked.
"I- don't like the feeling of this." I said leaning into him in fear.
"Niether do I. Lets go." He said as he took my hand and ran. I ran with him through the woods. I felt like if I ran, Edward wouldn't notice us until I heard the sound of a horse. I didn't dare look back in fear of my assumption being true. Naoto suddenly let go of my hand as he said
"Keep running, I'll handle this." As he drew out his sword. I obeyed as he said and kept running.

I ran until my legs started to hurt. Just as I was about to get to my cottage, Edward and his horse lounged in front of me and stopped by my door to block me from getting in.
"What do you want?" I yelled at him in a tough manner. I was terrified. The least I could do is pretend not to be scared and show no weakness.
"I want your hand in marriage." He said.
"You're still lusting over me? Don't you get it? I'm never going to marry you." I said.
"I have no feelings of lust or love for you. It's your kingdom I want." He said.
       "You're quite pathetic, Edward.  She said no, she's with me, get over it." Naoto said.  Edward glared.   Naoto had a deeper and darker glare, a glare so intimidating that Edward's eyes had burned.
       "Fine.  I'll never forgive you, Ichigo." He said as he rode off, alone.
       "Makes no difference to me" I mumbled under my breath.  "What happened to his guards?" I asked.
       "The moment they saw me, they fled." Naoto said.
       "Hey Naoto....?" I asked.
       "Yes?"
       "With Edward gone, shall we have an official wedding?" I asked.
      Naoto took my hands in his, smiling at me, looking st every detail of my features, and caressing my cheek with his thumb.
       "I think you know the answer." He said, his perfect lips moving with each word.
       And so, we sealed this moment with a kiss.  Most definitely not wet sloppy and gross, but certainly perfect.

       And so, against the will of Ichigo's royal council, Ichigo and Naoto had a beautiful wedding in the palace of Naoto's kingdom.  They then had 2 twin children.  Each a boy and a girl.  And they lived happily ever after.
       Due to they lovebirds' marriage, Dreams Bloom and Starlight made piece, and all was happy.

The end