XVII. Time Hasn't Forgotten

It's now been 2 years since the battle with Grizelda. Which was also the last time I saw Naoto. I was forced to go finish high school at a princess boarding to make up for that lost time. And I just graduated. I'm so excited to see Naoto again. I've heard some new rumors that his apprentice was a mermaid. I wouldn't be surprised. Now that I'm back, I can take a walk along my favorite beach. I got changed into a pink bikini and went.

As I made my way down the beach in the sunlight. I saw him!! I ran up to him only to stop when I saw him with another girl. A mermaid. I noticed he also had a tail. The rumors were true after all. Oh no. Did he move on? She had pink hair held in a pony tail. He had a smile on his face. They were laughing together. She held his hand like they were a couple. Then they dove back into the ocean. Her hand held his. She looked way prettier than me. I tried to shake it off. It could just be a friend. Nervousness took over. I couldn't walk further or speak words. Half because it's been so long, the other half is because he's with a girl who's far better looking than me. I forced myself to walk towards them. As I got closer, they dove back into the water. Why am I getting so shy? Could it be because I was bullied at school? Getting called stupid, and hearing girls say I'd never get a guy. It'd make sense.

I sat in my bedroom back in my own house. I don't know how to approach him after all this time. It's been 2 years and I don't have the confidence to talk to him. It's possible he's falling for the mermaid. Meanwhile, I'm just some average plain face going up against a beautiful above average girl. To tell the truth, I feel like I might lose him. I mean, she's so pretty. Mermaids are known for beautiful voices and their seductive powers. She could easily steal him she she wanted to. I'm no competition.

The next day, I walked down that same beach. Once again, I saw them there. The mermaid was extremely hot. Meanwhile, I'm just wearing this polka-dotted bikini. Putting fashion aside, I ran towards them, but when I was almost there, they swam off again. No, I've got this. I ran into the water and shape shifted into a mermaid. Once I was underwater, I spotted them. They were swimming towards an island. I followed them and once they were on land, they went into their human form. I did the same. I don't know what's become of me. Is this a game of "senpai notice me?" I guess not seeing Nao for so long took effect. Back at the boarding school, I wasn't allowed receiving mail. When I finally checked my messages, Naoto sent me so many letters. The last few letters indicated that he felt ignored. And those letters were sent a year ago. The mermaid girl wobbled in her steps and fell over. Naoto laughed at her, and helped her up. They both seemed happy. If only that was me. But I'm too shy. I used too be outgoing and cheerful. But the bullying at my school changed things. After he helped the mermaid up, she fell into his arms. Jealousy struck me. But I couldn't do anything about it. Heartache stabbed my heart. It was a cold emotion. I stood there, on the beach, staring at them. I quickly hid myself in the forest when Naoto looked my way. Why am I this shy? Can't I just talk to him? "Is something wrong?" The mermaid asked. He shook his head. "If you see anyone, let me know." He said turning around. The two of them walked away. Of course, I followed them. "Hey Naoto....I've been meaning to ask you something." The girl said. "Go on..." He said without looking at her. "Are you seeing anyone?" She asked. "I am, but I haven't seen her in 2 years," He said. "Do you still like her?" The mermaid asked. "Siera....I'd rather not talk about it." He said. So that's her name? "C'mon. I''m interested." Siera insisted. "It's none of your business" Naoto said sitting sitting by a tree in the woods. "Let's just say....she disappeared." Naoto said looking at the sun set. That's wrong. I was forced to finish school. I wasn't even allowed to say goodbye. "That's too bad." Siera said. He looked at her with a warm smile. The same smile he used to give me. "Do you ever think about your former girlfriend?" She asked. "Of course. She means everything to me." Naoto said putting his arm around her shoulders.

Before I knew it....I sprung from my hiding spot, and ran off shyly. He turned around to see me running away. I ran off and swam off to the next area of land I saw. It certainly wasn't starlight. This kingdom was a gloomy stone ruins. It started to get dark. I ran deep into the woods and hid. Time went by. From seconds to minutes, and from minutes to hours. I eventually fell asleep on the ground.

Once I woke up, I realized I overslept. I sighed and teleported to my house. Leaven to think about my time with him. When I headed out of my house, I went to the beach to watch the sunset. I've dwelled on the idea that this fish face could possibly be his girlfriend by now. "Hoshimiya Ichigo, huh?" I heard a female voice say. I looked up to see Siera. "Yeah..." I said quietly. "Well, whatever. See you around. Oh and by the way, I think your boyfriend is looking for you." She said in a concerned tone. With that, she walked away. My heart started beating fast. He's looking for me? I'll wait for him then. "There you are, your highness." Ran said standing over me. "Oh, hey." I said. "I just saw the Prince of Darkness a.k.a. Prince Naoto of Dreams Bloom kingdom walk by. It's not safe here." she said. People still define him as evil? I stared out at the sunset as I stood up. Before I could walk to my farmhouse, Ran grabbed my wrist and dragged me back to the palace.

It's been a week since my encounter with Siera. I was so close to seeing Naoto again. Grrr. If only the castle security wasn't so high. Then I could make an escape. That's when I remembered. I'm an S class mage. I can handle escape. Even though it takes a lot of magic energy, I can teleport. I closed my eyes and imaged the picture of the beach in my head until I opened my eyes to be there. "What are you doing here?" I flinched at that voice and turned around to see Ran. Crap!! I forgot she was here on her break. I quickly sprinted off before she can find me. Jeez, at this rate, I might never see Naoto again.

Naoto's POV

I headed over to the beach near Starlight castle. This used to be Ichigo's favorite beach. Siera told me that she saw her here a week ago. I'm glad she's back. "Hold it, this is the princess' territory. You're to go nowhere near her." Shibuki Ran, Ichigo's bodyguard said. "Ichigo's here?" I asked. The moment I've considered fiction. It's coming true? "All the better." I said in my normal impassive tone. With that, I sprinted off. I was a much faster runner than Shibuki.

Ichigo's POV

I stared at the moonlight. The wind blew through my hair. I felt cold. "It's been a while, Strawberry." Naoto said walking up behind me. Out of shyness, I didn't respond. He sighed and sat next to me. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing...." I said shyly. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "It's been forever." He said. I nodded. "So where were you?" He asked. "I was sent to hell." I said. "For real?" He asked. "No...just some boarding school to finish off my years at school." I said. "I'm glad you're here now." He said looking at the moonlight. I wrapped my arms around him and leaned into his chest. "I love you." I said for the first time in 2 years. "I love me too." He said. "Naoto...." I said. "I'm just kidding. Of course I love you too." He said with a laugh. "I want to stay like this forever." I said tightening the hug.

I walked down the hallway of my palace. I'm supposed to meet up with Aoi and Ran. As I walked by two servants, I heard an exchanging of words. "Did you hear? Prince Naoto of Dreams-Bloom kingdom striked an attack on Delphinus city." One servant said to another. No. I don't believe. I ran out and hopped onto my horse. Once I arrived at Delphinus city, I was shocked to see ruins. Naoto wouldn't do this, would he? I rode my horse over to the next town over, Acamar. And there, I saw him. He threw flames at the villagers. I took a closer look at him. His skin was white and his eyes were pitch black. There were no whites in his eyes. His skin had black cracks. And he had dark circles that were darker than night. He looked like he came out of a horror movie. This couldn't be Naoto, could it?