{ 18 }

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Nag-start na kasi uli 'yung school so busy na uli huhu T.T Anyway, I think updates will usually be on weekends na ngayon. Happy reading and tell me what you think!

{ 18 }

Tahimik lang ako sa loob ng elevator dahil hindi ko talaga maintindihan kung bakit ba ako sasama kay Ilwoo sunbae. He was merrily talking but I was barely registering what he was saying. I just met him a while ago, and now I'm going up to his place. Wow, Dara, sarkastikong pahayag ng isang parte ng utak ko. It's like Jang Kiyong all over again.

It didn't take long before we arrived at his penthouse unit. I'd have to say, the whole place was exquisite. Floor-to-ceiling glass walls covered the whole place and the view was breathtaking. The place was huge and I felt a bit small in the middle of it all. Hindi ko napigilan ang panlalaki ng mga mata ko. "This is perfect," I gushed as I stepped out to his terrace.

Hindi nga ako nagkamali. The scenery was indeed astonishing. Narinig ko ang pagbukas ng glass door sa likod ko at nang lumingon ako ay nakita ko si Ilwoo sunbae na nakangiti. "Finally!" He said with a playful smile.

Bahagya naming napakunot ang noo ko. "Finally what?"

"Finally you smiled." He grinned and I blinked twice in surprise. "Pakiramdam ko kanina sa elevator, wala akong kasama eh."

I involuntarily bit my lip as shyness enveloped me. "I'm sorry, sunbae." Hinging paumanhin ko. "Medyo lutang lang ako dahil siguro sa pagod." Pagdadahilan ko pa.

Ilwoo sunbae waved his hand off in front of me. "It's okay." Pagkikibit-balikat niya bago muling nagsalita. "Was it really sad?" Biglang tanong niya.

"Huh?"

"That thing you saw." He cleared up with a soft smile. "Was it really that sad?"

Hindi ko napigilan ang inboluntaryong paglunok ko. That's what I want to ask myself too. Was it really that sad? Was it really that sad for me to discover that once again, Kwon Jiyong was trying to play me and make me out as his personal china doll on the sidelines while also having fun with Yoona? Was it really that sad that I almost, almost, fell into it deep once more?

"It was sad. I understand." Putol ni Ilwoo sunbae sa iniisip ko. Wala sa loob na iniangat ko ang tingin ko sa kanya. "I hope you won't think I'm weird for just inviting you like this," tawa niya. "It's just... a crying woman is my weakness. I have a sister too and I can't bear the thought that she could be in the same situation and no one would be there to hear her out."

For the first time that night, I actually smiled sincerely. "Thank you, Ilwoo sunbae."

"It's nothing." He dismissed before clapping his hands. "Well, do you mind if I cook doenjang soup? I've been craving for it. I miss my mom's cooking, actually." Ngiti niya.

Mabilis naman akong tumango. "It's great!" Sabi ko atsaka siya sinundan papasok muli sa loob.

Dumiretso siya sa kitchen at agad na nagsuot ng apron bago nagsimulang maghanda ng mga ingredients na gagamitin niya para sa doenjang soup. "Marunong ka palang magluto, sunbae?" Pagtatanong ko. It's not a usual quality for busy men like him to be this knowledgeable in the kitchen, to be honest.

"Oo. My mom taught me in the past." He responded as he began boiling the broth. "Ikaw ba? Do you know how to cook?"

Nahihiya akong napangiti bago nagsalita. "Does ramyeon count?" I sheepishly asked and Ilwoo sunbae laughed heartily.

"Really? Paano ka kumakain? Do you live with your family?"

Umiling ako. "I live with three of my friends. We share an apartment and well, we get by. They know how to cook but well, their schedules were really tight and I'm the one with the most flexible work hours but since I don't know how to cook, we usually survive on take-outs." Pagpapaliwanag ko. Bom is especially good at cooking but since she's busier taking care of her alien boss, puro take-out talaga kami. Since Chaerin works irregular hours because she's in the news department, nagkakaroon lang talaga ng matinong home-cooked meal kapag umuuwi ng maaga si Minji.