Chapter VI

Image above is Table Mountain - Cape Town

I wake up to the smell of coffee and pancakes and turn to see that on the floor is a tray with the food and a note:

"Hey M, Off to work today. Will be back around 4 or 5. Luke said he's happy to show you around Cape Town. Feel free to pop in at Tasha's to see me ;-) Love, Your One and Only, Lexi<3 "

I pick up the tray and start eating in bed, the best way to eat, when I hear a knock.

"Hey Mia. Are you awake?" I hear Luke, practically yell.

"If I wasn't before, I am now." I yell back.

There's a slight hesitation, "Can I come in?"

I look to see that I fell in asleep in a top and shorts, "Yeah, sure."

He opens the door, walks in and sits on Lexi's bed. "So Lexi asked if I could show you around Cape Town today."

"Yeah, she wrote me a note that said that."

"Oh yeah? Did she tell you that I only agreed to it, because she made me breakfast in bed?"

"She somehow missed that part," I say with a giggle.

"Oh. Well I only agreed because she made me breakfast in bed." He says with a smirk.

I fake being offended, "What? You saying you don't want me to go with you, yeah?"

He looks really concerned, "No, no. I didn't mean it like that. I just meant ... um ..."

"What did you mean?" I ask.

"I ... um ... I meant..." he starts stuttering.

"Don't worry about it. I'm just messing with you. You probably had a day full of plans before she asked you, yeah?"

"No, I was just going to chill at home anyway."

"Oh ok. So what are we doing then?"

"Well, being the most amazing me that I am, we're going to go to Table Mountain, the Wheel of Excellence and then just chill around the V&A Waterfront. Sound good?" He asks.

"Sounds Amazing," I reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple hours later we're busy walking around Table Mountain. Luke managed to book online so we skipped a major waiting queue, but we still had to wait about an hour to get up. The view from up top here is amazing! I don't think that I've ever been this high before! From one side of the mountain, you can see what the locals call the twelve apostles, which is a mountain with 12 pieces of rock sort of jutting out of the side. You can also see the view of Camps Bay far down below. It's absolutely breathtaking!

From the other side of the mountain, you can see Cape Town harbour. Flying around a mountain called Lions Head were three or four skydivers, their parachutes glistening in the sun. I could see cars on the road a kilometre or two below and I could see ships far out at sea. It was unbelievable that you could see so much.

We walked around and got an ice cream at the Shop on Top for about an hour, then we headed down.

Next Luke took me to the V&A waterfront. We went on a boat out to Seal Island which was amazing to see all the seals, but at the same time it absolutely stank, no wonder they have the island so far away from shore.

We went around the waterfront popping into shops here and there and then went on the Wheel of Excellence. It's like a mini London Eye and the view from up there was stunning! We then made our way to Lexi's work for a late lunch. Lexi worked at a cute shop in the Cavendish Mall called Tasha's. The food there was AMAZING! Luke and I both had a white ciabatta with some sort of avocado and tomato salad that was absolutely to-die-for! Luke had been talking about it the whole day that I decided I just had to try it.

"It's good ha?" Luke asks after my first mouth-full.

I look up to see that he's staring at me. It's then I realise that I've been softly moaning as I've been eating.

"It's just so good!" I say.

He chuckles and picks his up to take his first bite. He immediately closes his eyes and I can see that he's being taken to another world.

I take another bite, I think I'm having a food orgasm, if there ever was one.

Luke and I eat in silence, the occasional moan coming here and there. We decide to leave half of ours so that we can take it home and finish it later. Lexi arrives a little while later with our doggy bag and our bill, both of us reaching for it.

"No, let me pay for this. It's only fair! You've been paying for everything so far." I tell him.

"Mia, I am a gentleman and a gentleman always pays." He assures me.

"Not if the girl insists! Come on Luke, let me pay." I practically beg.

"Fine! But ... only if I can buy the next one?" He suggests.

My heart starts beating up, "There's going to be a next one?"

"That depends? Can I pay?"

"No."

"Then there'll definately be a next one." He gives me a wink.

I think ... I'm ... going to ... pass ... out ...

Nah, I'm just kidding. I have some self-control.

876 words