Chapter XXXIII

"Woah," is all Lexi can say after we tell her the story. She's said it about seven times by now.

"Lex ... What do you think? Are you okay with it?" I ask. I'm a bit hesitant, because I'm worried that she'll say no.

"We didn't want to make anything serious until we had told you about it," Luke says, reassuringly. He gets up and goes to sit next to her, however, she stands up and moves away from us.

"I don't know what to think. Why didn't you guys tell me? You know that I'm all about honesty," she says, looking pained.

"We wanted to see what we were first before we told you," I say. Luke butts in, "To be fair, Mia wanted to tell you straight away, but I woudn't let her. I figured we should first spend some time alone ... experimenting ... before we told you."

"So why have you decided to tell me now?" Lex asks, finally making eye contact with me.

"Other people were starting to notice, and we didn't want you to hear from someone else," I explain.

"Wait, you did it as a safety precaution? Did you guys not think of telling me because you're my best friend and my brother and that I might be happy for you? No, because you guys just wanted to protect yourselves, rather than telling me," she is starting to get angry now.

"Lex ..." Luke starts, and tries to walk towards her.

"No, save it I don't even want to hear it right now," she starts walking up the stairs.

"Where are you going Lex?" I ask, trying to follow her.

"I'm going to Luca's for the night. Just give me time to process this and don't try to contact me, okay? I just need time to think," she pauses, and then grabs her car keys and opens the door. "I just wish you guys had told me." She shuts the door softly behind her. That's  the moment that I fail.

My legs give out and I grab onto Luke for support. "Do you think I've lost her Luke? Do you think that I fucked up our friendship?"

"No, of course not," He pulls me over to the couch and sits me down. I instantly turn and hug him. I feel him hesitate and then he pulls me closer with one arm while the other strokes my hair. "She just needs time to think it through. She'll be back tomorrow morning."

I look up at him and try to smile. He must notice my effort because he kisses my forehead and then places my head back down on his chest. "Try and get some rest Mia. You know Lex, she'll be back in the morning actually as if nothing happened."

"But, what if she isn't?" I ask, my arms tightening around his waist.

"She will be, Mia. She will be," he repeats.

We lie like that for a long time with Luke stroking my hair, before I feel myself drifting off to sleep. "I hope she will be," Is the last thought that flashes through my mind before slumber surrounds me.

Sorry for such a horrible ending! I didn't know how to end it ... If anyone has any suggestions for me to rewrite it, then I'll gladly try. It's been such a great experience and I'm definitely going to write another book. Thanks so much for all your support loves