Chapter XIX

It's is now 6:30 p.m. The party starts at 7. Matt, Luke, Damien and Alex are going around moving furniture and hanging up the rest of the decorations.  One of Lexi and my closest friends, Luca Jacobs, is also here helping us.

Luca, Lexi, Linda and I are also hanging decorations and blowing up balloons to hang up around the house and on the gate at the bottom of the driveway.

Luke had to drive there to put them up quickly otherwise it would have taken to long.

People started arriving from about 7:15 and later because apparently in Cape Town no one is ever on time. And apparently everyone tries to get into parties so Linda hired two bodyguards to check that the people arriving were actually invited. I was surprised with the number of people that weren't allowed to come in.

Everyone was soon on the dance floor jamming away to the music blaring out of the speakers. There was a DJ, courtesy of Mike, and he was good at reading the crowds to see what everyone wanted.

I ended up dancing mostly with Matt, Luca, Damien, Luke and Nick, because I didn't know that many people.

Nick and I were still talking every day and he asked me out on another date. I didn't spend to much time with him tonight though because Luke was being really protective over me.

I left that group and went to go get myself a drink in the kitchen. Not being a big fan of the alcohol that some kids smuggled in, I settled for a coke.

Luke followed me in and asked if I would go onto the balcony (I keep discovering new things in this house) with him. I accepted, wanting to get away from the music for a while.

We went up onto the balcony and it was silent. The dazzling stars brightened the night sky in a completely indescribable way. Even though the house is quite close to the City center, they don't seem to get any of the city light that blocks the sky.

Luke was standing really close to me, his hand accidentally brushing mine a couple of times while twisting his coke can in his hands.

"Beautiful night," I state, my voice piercing the silence.

"Not as beautiful as you," he replies, a shy smile spreading across his face. That's not something you see often.

He looks at me and his eyes linger on my lips, to long to just be an accidental look. Was he going to kiss me? Was the Luke Summers going to kiss me?

Here's a short chapter, leaving for the long weekend so I'll update again on Tuesday. Enjoy xx