Chapter XII

The water at the beach truly is spectacular. It's almost as amazing as Australia! Jokes, Australia is bae. Jokes, I don't say bae. Anyway ... I dip my toes in the sea and the warm water quickly comforts them. Luke and Lexi hired a tour guide and we're about to embark on our adventure!

We walk a bit across a rocky patch that soon opens up into the vast section of nature. We start swimming and we are immediately engulfed in a school of fish. They swim in between us and some even touch us. They feel a bit weird.

We continue swimming and soon see the most beautiful corals. It's nothing like home but is still beautiful in its own way. There's a school of angel fish a bit below the surface and Lexi and I both swim down to get a closer look.

We spend about an hour down there before getting out. We managed to see a pyjama shark which is apparently really rare to see during the day.

It's just beautiful! The way that you can see how the fish are in their true habitat, the way that you can see so far down in the water showing how clear and clean it is. The way that you can unlock a whole new world just by going a little deeper.

After diving, we go to lunch at the Two Oceans Restaurant. I'm still amazed at how much money the Summers' family has and how humble they are. Before coming to their house, I never knew that Lexi was this wealthy. It shows how humble people can be if you raise them right, and I think Mr and Mrs Summers' have done a fantastic job.

As we sit down at the table, Luke pulls out his phone and an underwater camera. I didn't even know that he had one. I saw him holding this weird metal box when we were diving, but I didn't know it was a camera.

He connects the camera to his phone via its independent wifi signal and starts uploading the pictures to his phone.

"So girls, did you enjoy that?" He asks.

"Absolutely! It was such fun! I've dived a couple of times back home, but never like that before. That was something completely different." I saw in awe.

"What do you mean something different? Isn't the way that we snorkel here, the same way as in Australia? Or is that another thing that we're failing at?" Luke and Lexi both have an almost saddened chuckle at that.

"It's not the way you dive silly!" I nudge Lexi in the shoulder, "It the things that you see and the experience that's different. For instance, I've never seen a pyjama shark before! It was so cool," I say. I look up to see that Lexi has a small smile on her face, while Luke is wearing his legendary smirk. They look at each other and then look at me again and start laughing.

"What?" I ask, a giggle slipping from my lips in confusion.

"I don't know, it's just funny hearing you explain it that way!" Lexi says.

"Okay," I say with a laugh, "How did you find it Lex?"

"It was really cool, that was one of the best visibilities that we've had, hey Luke?" She says.

"Yeah, I think the only better one you can get is in a swimming pool!" He says with a laugh.

"You guys are so weird," I say, laughing and shaking my head.

"Sorry to interrupt, what can I get you guys?" A voice asks.

"Oh my god! Justin?" I ask.

He looks at me, "Mia! Oh my god! What are you doing here? Did you move here from Australia?"

"No, not at all! I actually go to school here and I'm spending my holiday with some friends. Ah! Sorry, this is Lexi and Luke Summers." I say giving him a hug and then pointing to Lexi and Luke in turn.

"Hi! Hi!" He says shaking hands with both of them.

"Hi. So how do you guys know each other," Luke asks.

"Well, Justin and my cousin are really good friends and he spent a couple of weeks with us. It's been so long! How many years ago was that?" I ask.

"Oh god! It must be about two or three years? Anyway! I must be going or else my boss might think I'm slacking but let me give you my new number and we can see each other again this holiday." He says taking out his pen and writing it on a napkin. "Don't forget to give it to your friend here," he gives Lexi a wink, "I'm definetly going to be wanting to see her again too."

"Just as flirtatious as always," I laugh.

He lets out a laugh, showing his pearly whites, "So what can I get you guys to drink?"

"Three cokes please! We're trying to get Mia to eat more like a South African." Lexi says.

"Great! I'll be right back!" he says before dissapearing into the kitchen.

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, it made me laugh a little. I hope you guys are enjoying it! Let me know x And don't forget to vote and comment!