Chapter XXIV

Supper with Lexi's family was really entertaining on Sunday night. Her family gets on really well with each other which is not really a surprise seeing how close Luke and Lexi are. It was such fun being part of all the festivities.

We didn't do much yesterday, I think Lexi was still recovering from her hangover. Today she had to go to work though, so Luke and I are hanging out again. He said he wanted to take me for a drive. Where to you ask? I have no idea.

We left the Summers' house at 11 o'clock, after a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs, and we pack a light picnic lunch. Clearly Luke was planning on spending the day out.

As we got into the car, he refused to tell me where we were heading. So I just sat and stared out the window, but then an awkward silence fell.

I didn't know what to say to start a conversation, and quite honestly I just wanted to get closure about what the other night was.

"I think ..." I start at the exact same time Luke says, "Listen, about ..."

We laugh. "You first," we both say.

"No, it's really fine, you can go first," I say immediately.

"Okay. Listen, about Saturday. I'm sorry, I know that you and Lexi are, like, SUPER close, and our kiss kinda broke girl code or whatever, but I couldn't help it. We were standing on the balcony, the stars were really bright and you looked gorgeous watching the city lights. It was like you had been transferred to another place. I don't know what came over me." He throws glances at me well explaining.

"Just pull over so that we don't accidentally die while having this conversation," I instruct. Luke pulls over at a Pick n Pay, right next to the road.

"Okay, now we can talk without our lives flashing before our eyes," Luke smiles as I say this and some of the tension lessens.

"I don't know what I was doing either, I mean you are Lexi's Brother and might I add Luke Summers, apparently the number one fuck boy in town." I start, though I have no idea where I'm going with this.

"Ouch," Luke mutters.

"I'm sorry, but it's true and maybe you don't actually like hookup with girls, but you always flirt back, yeah?" I insist, "I don't want to just be another one of your flings."

"Wait, what do you mean?" Luke has a facial expression of a 5-year-old who has just been asked to do algebra, confused.

"I mean ... I don't want to be just another girl that you've hooked up with. And I know that's a little late, seeing as we did kinda make out on Saturday, but I want you to remember me, which is why we can't do anything else, we need to keep this strictly friends. Plus I think Lexi would kill us if she found out..." I turn to face him.

"Do you really think that I would see you as just a random chic? Yeah sure I might flirt with girls, but I don't actually hook up with most of them, most of the things you hear about me aren't true. That's not the real me." Luke retaliates.

MOST OF THEM ...

There's a pause as I wait for him to continue.

"Listen, I would never just hook up with you and leave you, I've never done that. And you're special Mia. You're not like most girls, in a good way, I could never forget about you. But, do you really think Lexi will mind if we have made out or if we will again?"

"Yeah, I do. What would you think if Lexi and ... I don't know ... Matt hooked up?" I ask.

"Well firstly, we're just talking about making out, not hooking up. And secondly, Matt has a girlfriend..." Luke smirks.

"Yeah, well, you get my point,"  I remark, getting flustered.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't do anything." Luke states.

"You wouldn't?" My eyebrows almost hit the roof there. From what I gathered, Luke is really protective over Lex, why wouldn't he do anything?

"Yeah, I wouldn't, because all my friends already know that they are never allowed to touch my sister like that." Luke responds and I can hear the threat in his voice.

"You see, so if you act like that, then what makes you think that Lexi won't?" I try to show where I'm coming from.

"Okay fine, I get it, but I don't actually want that to be true," Luke says. He pulls back onto the road and we sit in silence for a while before I fall asleep.

Luke wakes me about an hour later and says that we've arrived. I get up and look around and immediately notice the colours. We're surrounded by thousands and thousands of flowers.

"Are we in Neverland?" I ask and Luke sprawls into hysterics. He laughs for a solid three minutes and is eventually lying on the floor with tears coming out of his eyes while I just look at him. I can't help the smile that crosses my face, he's just so darn cute.

After Luke finally managed to control his laughter, we take a short walk and sit down to have our picnic. "So seriously, where are we?" I ask.

"It's called Langebaan. There's a lagoon here, where we can go swim if you want." Luke informs me.

"Sounds cool, after lunch?" I ask as I start unpacking the food.

"Yeah, sounds fantastic." Luke nods.

"Okay, I have a question," I say and plop a grape into my mouth. God, I love Summer.

"Shoot," Luke replies and takes a massive bite out of a sandwich.

Here's an update guys xx You can find out what Mia's question is next week ... Love ya xx Sorry I didn't realize that this had failed on Saturday 🙈