Chapter II

******Mia's POV*******
After being dragged all the way up the stair by my wrist, we finally stop in Lexi's room.
"Holy shit Lexi! How could you not tell me how hot your brother is?" I half-shout, half-giggle.

"Oh no," Lexi giggles, "Seems like someone's caught the Luke bug!"

"Haha, no I wouldn't date your brother that would just be weird, especially because I'll be staying at your house quite often from now on."

"Oh you will?" Lexi questions.

"Only if you'll let me." I softly punch her. "But I just know that you can't resist me!"

She only laughs and nudges me back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of hours later, with newly painted nails, Lexi and I are sitting on the couch with popcorn, chocolate and sweets.

"So what do you wanna watch?"Lexi asks grabbing the remote.

Just as I was about to reply, Luke jumps over the back of the couch and plants himself in the middle of the couch between Lexi and I, just narrowly missing the food. "Anything but a chick flick," he hums.

"I wasn't asking you, idiot! Mia, would you like to watch a movie?" Lexi says, rolling her eyes.

"As long as it is a chick flick, yeah?" I say, sticking my tongue out at Luke

After a while we decide to watch The Fault In Our Stars, well Lexi and I decide to watch it and just convinced Luke that we were here first so he doesn't really have a choice. He doesn't seem that phased though, I'm guessing he's probably watched it before.

Two hours later I hear some stifled sobs coming from my right. I turn to see both Lexi and Luke with tears rolling down their cheeks.

"Aw Luke I didn't know this movie meant that much to you," I say poking Luke in the ribs.

"Shh! You're ruining my favorite part!"Luke replies. Yep, he's definitely watched this movie before, probably more than once.

"Sorry Lukey, I'll be quiet." I grin.

When the movie's finished we all silently sit and stare at the rolling credits, all with tear stained faces.

"What about every day we watch at least one movie until school starts?"

"As long as every third or fourth day we can watch a chick flick, because I know how much you love those, Luke," Lexi teases.

"Fine, every third day. Every day after that I choose one and then the next day Mia chooses. "

"Yeah, sounds good." I saw, yawning.

Lexi catches me yawning and ends up yawning herself, "I think I'm gonna go to bed. You coming M?"

"Carry me, yeah?" I stretch holding out my arms to her.

"As long as you're the same weight as a feather or less, sure." She tries to pick me up but drops me in a crumpled heap on the floor, "Way too heavy, sorry." She laughs as she slowly makes her way to the stairs, leaving me on the floor.

"Great, thanks Lexi," I huff, getting off the floor and start towards the stairs. "Night Luke."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I wake up, only to realize that I'm all alone in the room. I slowly get up, get dressed and brush my teeth. Pulling my hair into a messy bun, I trudge down the stairs, still half asleep and stroll into the kitchen.

"Morning sleepyhead," Luke hums. I look up to find us alone.

"Hey Luke, do you know where Lexi is?" I sit on one of the bar stools.

"She just ran to the store. So, I'm going to the beach today with some of my friends. Do you wanna come?" He strolls towards me and sits on the next bar stool.

"Sounds cool, but let me check with Lex, yeah?" I nod.

"So I'll take that as a yes then," he chuckles, "I spoke to her about it this morning and she was pretty keen, she just wanted to speak to you about it."

"Cool, cool" I spin around, loving this chair.

"I'm home! With food, glorious, food! Bought fresh from the grocery store." She laughs as she dances into the kitchen.

"Yum! I'm starving," Linda says, walking into the kitchen and taking a seat next to Luke.

"Don't worry, I'll cook it. I'm hungry too!" I hum, taking the bag of bacon and eggs from Lexi.

713 words xx