Chapter XI

Here's an early one loves X

The rest of my day passed by swiftly, but you could definitely tell that there was a change in atmosphere between Luke and I. We hadn't spent much time alone together cause all of our time was either spent in preparation for Lexi's birthday or Lexi was with us. We were still watching our Daily movie and today it was my turn to choose. I chose How To Loose a Guy in 10 Days. Damn, I love that movie!

Lexi and I are basically drooling over Matthew McConaughey while Luke is absolutely repulsed by Kate Hudson's actions. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Luke watching me at some points in the movie. He's been doing that a lot lately, even throughout the day.

Lexi and I are lying snug on one couch under a blanket while Luke is lying on another when the pizza arrives. Not wanting to get up, I yell, "Lexi, it's your turn."

Lexi and Luke seem to be thinking the same thing as Lexy yells at the same time as me, "Luke, it's your turn," just as Luke yells, "Mia it's your turn!"

We all look at each and burst out laughing. The doorbell rings again, "Okay, fine! I'll get it!" Luke says and hops up from the couch. I can hear him opening the door and scratching for money in the "pizza deposit box" that they keep in a box near the front door.

"So what's been up with you and Luke? You seem to have been avoiding him for the last two or three days."

Fuck! She's noticed! "Um, nothing. I've just always been with you and Luke generally isn't around then."

"Okaaaaaayyyyyy," she says, not quite seeming to believe me.

"Here you go your royal highnesses!" Luke pronounces in his best British accent.

"Why thank you kind sir!" Lexi responds in her Queen talk. I just laugh and sit up to get my pizza. We press play on the movie and we all fall silent as we eat and watch.

By the time the movie ends, it's only eight o'clock and so we decide to play a game of Texas Hold'em. We played for hours and decide as the clock stickes 12 that it might be time for bed.

I woke up the next morning with a fright. Where am I? How did I get here? It only lasted a couple of seconds before I remembered that I was staying with Lexi. It's weird. I've been here about a week and today was the day that I forget where I am.

I hear this cracking laughter behind me and I immediately know that Lexi had just witnessed my forgetful moment. A smile grows on my face as I lift myself off from my stomach and sit up.

"Was that funny to you Lex?" I ask.

"Oh babe, you know it," Lex says with a cheeky grin before bursting into a fit of laughter.
I grab a pillow and chuck it at her before falling back down on the bed.

Once Lexi quiets down from her fit of laughter, we head downstairs to go make some flapjacks.

"Sup meisies," an Afrikaans term that means girls. I've had to get used to hearing it as its one of Luke's most common greetings for us.

"Hey, Luke," I say smiling. While Lexi goes full gangster, "Sup booi! How's things crackling in the hood?"

"It comes and it goes. How's it in the chicken coop?" He responds as they do a "bro-handshake" only for Lexi to rub her chest afterwards.

"It's quite forgetful but funny as hell!" Lexi gives me a sly wink as I just laugh and continue eating my breakfast.

"So, you girls up for snorkeling at Cape Point today?" Luke asks getting out three coffee cups.

"Oh my word! Yes! How come I didn't think of that?" Lexi asks.

"Cause you're a blonde!" Luke says.

"Says the blonde himself!" I add.

"Hey! My hair is darker than hers." Luke protests.

"Lexi's hair is practically white, anyone's hair is darker than hers!" I laugh and Luke high fives me while Lexi just looks at us with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay! That's enough you two! We better head out soon if we want to go snorkeling!" Lexi says quickly finishing her pancakes.

When we're both finished we take our coffees that Luke made and run up stairs to go get ready. I toss my hair up into a messy bun and Lexi puts hairs in a ponytail before we both get into our bikini's, shorts and t-shirts. We brush our teeth and gather our stuff before heading down to meet Luke.

We grab a picnic lunch and then head out to Cape Point. It's truly an amazing day to go snorkeling. The sky is crystal clear and the sun is shining brightly over the deep blue sea. The waves are so flat that it looks like you could walk on water. I can't wait to go exploring!

I hope you guys are enjoying this story! Don't forget to vote and comment! Please let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. Lots of Love X