one

i put the last of my clothes into my suitcase, before shutting it and setting it by my door. i have decided to go to california for the summer; seeing as i just graduated high school. since my whole family lives in spain with me, i will be staying with a family friend. the gilinsky's to be exact.

my mom went to college with katherine gilinsky.

"oh honey." i hear my mom say as i turn around and see her start to tear up. i sadly smile and pull her into a hug.

"its only a few months mom." i coo. "i promise i will be fine." i continue as i pull away from the hug and see her laugh a little bit.

"i know, but I'm realizing that i have to let you go now." she whispers. "i have to let you go out into the world without me." when the words release from her mouth, she breaks down into tears again.

"mom, stop." i say as i wipe her tears.

"my little girl is all grown up." she says. "i hope you don't forget anything before you leave luna."

"i won't mom." i groan as i grab all my bags, noticing that its almost time for me to leave for my flight. the flight is supposed to be agonizingly long.

"lets go." i say as i take all my things out to the car and put them in the trunk. we then both get into the car, making out way to the airport.

+

i step off of the plane, going over to get my bags. i am supposed to meet a boy named jack; he is supposed to take me back to their house.

i look around, until i see a boy holding a sign with my name on it. he is typing away on his phone, not even looking for me. i approach him as i say "hi, are you jack gilinsky?"

he looks up at me for a brief second before rolling his eyes and looking back down at his phone. when he's done typing, he turns and starts walking away. i furrow my eyebrows in confusion, staying put where i am.

"well are you coming or not?" he rudely asks as i scoff and follow behind him. he didn't even bother to ask if i needed help with my bags, which would be greatly appreciated.

we are soon outside of the airport and are making our way towards, what i assume, is his car. he opens the trunk and i put all my bags in.

we then both go around and get into the front seats. "don't touch anything, don't ask any questions, and don't get anything on my seats or the floor."

i nod my head as i purse my lips and look around. only now am i finally getting the chance to see how beautiful california really is. there are tall palm trees everywhere, with green grass, and gorgeous blue skies.

jack starts playing 'tumblr girls by g-eazy' and i start singing along. "you know this song?" he asks harshly.

"just because I'm from spain doesn't mean i don't know anything about america." i say. "i listen to all of the american rappers." i continue.

he scoffs as we pull up to a ravishing mansion. i stare at it in awe as jack gets out of the car. "do you have a problem with following?" he shouts.

i roll my eyes as i get out of the car and grab my bags from the back. we both go up to the front door and he opens it, stepping inside. this time, i follow him in and set my bags on the floor beside me.

"you must be luna." a woman, who i assume is katherine, says as she comes over and pulls me into tight hug.

"and you're mrs.gilinsky." i say as she chuckles and lets me out of the hug.

"please, call me katherine." i smile and nod. "jack, take lunas bags up to her room for her sweetheart." she says as she directs her attention onto her son.

"oh no, its okay. i can do that." i say quickly, knowing what a fit jack would have.

"nonsense." he surprises me as he flashes me a fake smile and grabs all my bags, taking them upstairs.

"you can follow jack up to your room so you can get all settled in." katherine says. "dinner will be served at seven."

i nod as i follow jack, once again, up the stairs. he takes me down a long hallway before we stop in front of a door and he opens it, setting all of my bags down in one of the corners.

"stay out of my way and we won't have any problems. got it?" is the only thing he says before he turns on his heel and walks out the door. i see him walk across the hall and walk through a bedroom door.

i guess he will be right across from me; what a delight.

[vote,comment, share]

holla @ my new story