eight

i see jacks phone ring in front of him. he picks it up and starts talking to whoever is on the other line. "no, i have to stay home tonight."

i purse my lips as i watch him finish his conversation with the person. he then hangs up and looks at me. "that was johnson." he says.

i furrow my eyebrows in confusion, not knowing who johnson is.

"he's the blonde one." he clarifies when he sees my confusion. i then shake my head, remembering him being there the other day when they all did cocaine.

"i would say you could go out, but I'm not really in the mood for another rerun of last night." i say. he slightly smiles as he sees I'm semi joking.

"its okay, id rather hang out with you anyways." he jokes. i laugh, knowing that he's lying though his teeth.

i shake my head as i turn around and grab a water out of the fridge. "i probably won't be leaving your side anytime soon thought." he says.

"i would honestly hope not." i say as i open the water and take a sip.

"do you want to do something today?" jack asks as he stands up and walks over to me. he then picks me up and sets me on the island.

he lifts up my shirt and looks at the cut. "i just want to make sure everything is okay." he says as i give him a closed mouth smile.

"im not really in the mood to go out and do anything, considering i can barely do anything on my own." i say as he laughs.

"right."

i then hop down off the island, wincing when i land. jack looks at me to make sure I'm fine. i nod my head to let him know that everything is okay, even though it isn't.

"lets watch movies." i say as he nods and we both walk over to the family room.

"ill go make some popcorn." he says as i start setting up pillows and blankets on the couch. i then turn on the tv and put on netflix.

"what do you want to watch?" i ask as he comes back into the family room with two bowls of popcorn.

"i don't care, you can choose." he says as we both take a seat. i look through the selection before i decide on 'the best of me'.

surprisingly jack doesn't complain when i turn it on.

+

we are currently on our fourth movie, which is jamsey boy. but since jack has me knocked up on pain medication, i find myself dozing off; falling asleep on jacks chest.

jacks pov

i look over to see that luna is sound asleep on my chest. i smile at how cute she looks when she's sleeping. i look back to see that the credits are rolling from the movie.

i then hear a jingle on the front door and see my mother come through the doorway. i smile at her and she returns it. "wheres luna?" she asks.

i point down to my chest and she comes over to look. "aw." my mom coos as she smiles at me. i roll my eyes, knowing what she's thinking.

"i think I'm going to take her to bed." i say to my mom. she nods her head as i stand to go pick her up. when i reach down to pick her up, her shirt slides up.

"what is that?" my mom asks as she points at the bandage on her stomach. i stumble over my words as i think of the right thing to say. if i tell her the truth, i would be in serious trouble.

"uh-um." i say as i look around the room.

"jack." she sternly says. i widen my eyes as i reach back down to pick her up. i grab underneath her knees and behind her back.

i quickly race to the stairs, trying to get away from my moms interrogation. "jack finnegan gilinsky, tell me what the hell happened right this second."

i sigh as i turn back around and look at her. "can i just take her to bed first? then ill come down and tell you."

she nods her head as i go back to the stairs. i make my way up to her room and set her down on her bed gently. when i go to walk away, she says, "jack, don't leave me. I'm scared."

i sigh as i look at her and nod my head. "ill be right back princess." i say as i go back downstairs. i meet my mom in the kitchen and take a seat on the same chair i always sit at.

"talk." i all she says as she gives me a stern look.

"well, the other night, i went out with madison. i didn't think anything would happen to luna. but when i came back later that night, she was laying on the floor in the kitchen holding her stomach. someone had broken in and hurt her." i say as i look down at my hands the whole time.

i look back up at her, and she doesn't say anything. "i asked her if she saw anyone and she said no."

"you will not be leaving her side for the remainder of her time here. i don't care if you have plans with your friends, either cancel or take her with you, that also goes for your plans with madison. i also don't care if you have work, take off or, again, take her with you. and i definitely don't want you to bring any drugs around her. you were supposed to be taking care of her jack, that why i agreed to her coming this summer. nothing was supposed to happen to her. this is all of your fault, i just want you to know that." she says sternly.

i nod my head as she walks away, without saying another word. i sigh as i replay her last few words in my mind. 'this is all of your fault, i just want you to know that'.

she's right.

[vote, comment, share]

BLACKBEAR IS SUCH A BABE OMGGGGGGGG