sixteen

i wake up the next morning to feel the cold bed beside me. i look around the room to see no jack in sight. i shrug it off as i get out of the bed. 

i pull on some sweatpants, not bothering to change out of jacks shirt. i then throw my hair up into a bun, while trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes as i head for the door. 

each step i take down the stairs, i can hear more giggles. female giggles to be exact. i furrow my eyebrows as i round the corner, making my way into the kitchen.

i see madison sitting on the island, her legs around jack. he is wiping cake batter all over her face. my heart sinks a little at the sight, but i brush it off. remembering that madison is his girlfriend and I'm not. 

when i walk closer, madison sees me and immediately stops. jack turns around confused, but when he sees me he takes a step away from madison. i smile a little at the both of them, trying to be polite. 

"good morning." i say. they both return the gesture with a kind smile. 

i just don't understand how jack can go from having sex with me last night, to hanging out with his girlfriend today; and acting like nothing happened. 

i rid myself from the thought as i head for the fridge. as i do so, madison speaks up, "hey, that shirt you have on looks really familiar, have i seen it somewhere?" 

i freeze in my spot as i turn around to look at her. i rapidly shake my head. "no you haven't, this is sam's." i quickly make up, not knowing what else to tell her. 

i can see jack tense at the name. i look over at him to see him already glaring at me. he can't possibly be mad at me for saving his, and my, ass. i bite my lip, looking back at madison. 

"oh, i could've sworn that was jacks for a moment." she giggles. "that was a horrid assumption." 

i smile as i shake my head, going along with her 'horrid' thought. i then grab some juice out the fridge and make my way back up to my room, not wanting to be in the same room as them anymore. 

i change out the clothes i just had on and jump into the shower. i hop out, put on some clothes, and get ready for the day. 

when I'm finishing up my make up, jack opens my bathroom door. "sam? really?" he asks angrily. i look at him through the mirror as i furrow my eyebrows. 

"what? did you expect me to say that it was your shirt?" i respond back. 

"no, but it would've been nice if you would've chose someone other than sam. anyone other than sam." he snaps. 

i sigh, "i panicked. i didn't know what else to tell her."

he shakes his head, shooting daggers at me with his eyes. when I'm done my make up, i turn around to look at him. i try to ignore his harsh stare as i look at him. 

"speaking of her, where is she?" 

"she had something to do." he simply says.

i purse my lips as i nod my head. i then take a step forward, trying to make my way into my room. i am stopped by jack grabbing my arm. he yanks me back so i am standing in front of him.

he leans down and pecks me on the lips. "you didn't think you were going to get by without a kiss, did you?"

i smile at him as i shake my head. sometimes i swear that he is bi polar. he was just mad at me a few minutes ago, and now he's kissing me. 

he then moves out of my way and i proceed into my room. "you know how you always get mad when i mention sam's name?" i ask jack. 

he doesn't respond, but i know that he heard me. so i continue, "that's how i feel when i see you with madison." 

my back is still facing him as i look down at my feet. i can hear his footsteps behind me as they become louder and louder. 

he gently places his hands on my shoulders. "I'm sorry luna. but there's nothing i can do about that feeling you have." 

"actually there is something you can do, you just choose to not do it." i snap as i shrug off his touch. i shake my head, thinking about how stupid this topic is. 

"i can't do that to her. i love her." he says. i laugh lightly as i turn around.

i nod my head at him, "you love her enough to cheat on her right?" 

i watch as he tries to muster up a response. i roll my eyes as i don't wait for him to speak. i walk past him quickly as i make my way downstairs. 

i hear him shouting out my name as i quickly grab his car keys and walk out the door. i don't care that i am taking his car without permission, nor do i care that i have no idea where i am going. 

all i care about right now is getting the hell away from him. 

[vote, comment, share]

this chapters a little short, oops