five

i hear the doorknob jingle on the front door before i can ask jack what he's talking about. i see katherine walk through the door and enter the kitchen.

she smiles at the both of us, "hello luna and jack, what are you guys up to?" she asks as she sets her purse down on the island.

"mommy!" jack shouts as he looks up at her, throwing his arms in the air like a three year old.

"oh jack honey, are you drunk again?" she asks. again? does this happen on a regular basis? "luna, would you mind taking jack up to his room for me?" she continues.

"not at all." i smile as i grab his arm and drag him towards the stairs. he stumbles a little, but he is doing better than i thought.

we soon make it up the stairs and i take him to my room instead, wanting more answers. i sit him down on my bed, me taking a seat next to him.

he lazily smiles at me as he reaches up and plays with a strand of my hair. "you have such pretty hair." he confesses.

i smile and blush a little before remembering what i brought him in here for. "jack, what did you mean 'you're in danger too'?" i ask.

"you are." he says as he lays down on my bed and starts to close his eyes.

"no, jack." i say as i try to get him to get back up. when i get no response, i give up and decide on going to bed too.

+

i wake up the next morning with someones arm wrapped around my body. i look over my shoulder to see jack soundly sleeping.

a quick recap of last night comes to mind, and i remember that i need to ask him about it. i wiggle in his grip, trying to get out of it; but this only causes him to flutter his eyes open.

when he sees me, his eyes open 10x wider and he sits up straight. he looks around the room before saying, "what the hell happened last night."

"you own a drug business?" i ask without answering his question first. he immediately snaps his head in my direction while pouncing on top of me.

he has my arms pinned down to the bed as he asks, "how the hell do you know that? did sam tell you that? oh my god I'm gonna kick his ass." he closes his eyes, I'm assuming to think of all the ways to discipline sam.

"you told me." i say quietly as his eyes shoot back open and he furrows his eyebrows.

"i would've remembered if i told you something like that." he scoffs.

"you told me last night while you were drunk. you also told me how your dad died. and that sam and nate and your other friend work for you." i say. "you also told me that I'm in danger too."

he sighs as he shakes his head and gets off of me. "i really fucked up."

"how am i in danger?" i ask frantically as i scoot closer to him on the bed.

"you're in danger just being here with us. you didn't even need to do anything." he says as i close my eyes, processing his words.

"so im assuming you and your mom are always in danger?" i whisper. he nods his head as i take in a deep breath.

"we have enemies. you know, being the biggest drug business in la and all." he tries to joke, but I'm not laughing.

i let out my breath as i start to ramble, "god, what about my family? what if something happens to me? what would they do? what would you tell them? why would you let me come here knowing that something bad could happen to me? how are you-"

"just calm down." jack says. "thats why I'm supposed to be watching you at all times. and I'm always armed, so stop worrying."

i run my hands up my face and through my hair, thinking about the possibilities. is it really worth it? should i just jump on a plane to spain right now and spare myself the possibility of getting hurt, or even worse, killed.

"is it too late to go home?" i ask, my words shaking.

he sadly nods his head as my eyes start to gloss over. "by now, our enemies have already seen you."

a tear slips down my face as i quickly wipe it away. jack soon pulls me into a hug and lets me cry on his shoulder. he starts stroking my hair and quieting me down.

"don't worry, ill always be here to protect you luna." jack says. "it'll be okay."

i pull away from the hug as i sit back down on my bed. jack slowly sits next to me, not knowing if he should stay or go.

i grab his hand and pull it into my lap, letting him know that i want him to be here with me. "you're going soft."

jack scoffs as he shouts, "no I'm not."

i find myself smiling. days ago, i would've been rolling my eyes at his stubbornness. but now that he's here, helping me deal with my emotions, I've changed my opinion on him a little.

"I've always been a nice person. i just didn't show it because i didn't want you thinking I'm a softy." he says. "and plus, when my mom told me you were coming here for the summer, i was pissed off. i knew you'd be in danger. and i didn't want anything to happen to you, especially when you came here to have a fun summer away from home."

i purse my lips as i nod my head. "thank you." i whisper as i move my gaze up to meet his. he nods in response as he gives me a soft, closed mouth smile.

"lets go eat some breakfast." he smiles as he stands, yanking me up with him.

[vote, comment, share]

IM GOING TO SEE HOODIE ALLEN, BLACKBEAR AND KYLE IN MARCH AND IM SO MF EXCITED