ten

lunas pov

i wake the next morning to see that jack isn't anywhere to be seen. i get up from the best slowly. i then walk across the hall to his room and knock on his door. 

when i get no response, i open the door. i then walk in to see that there is no one in sight. i huff as i walk out and into the bathroom. i take out the first aid kit from under the sink. i then proceed to do the process in which i have seen jack do many times.

when I'm done, i walk down in the kitchen to see katherine sitting at the island, drinking a cup of coffee. 

"good morning sweetheart." she smiles as i start making myself a bowl of cereal. i have noticed that, thats all i have been eating lately.

"good morning." i smile back. "have you seen jack?" i question as i finish pouring the milk into my bowl.

"no honey, i thought he was with you." she says as i purse my lips and shake my head, indicating that he is indeed not with me. 

"he was in my room last night when i fell asleep." i say. she furrows her eyebrows, seeming to be just as confused as me. "maybe he went out."

"I'm sure he's fine." she says as i nod. she soon finishes her coffee and leaves the kitchen, going up to her room.

she soon comes back down in business attire. "I'm headed off to work. can you call jack and make sure he's home soon? i don't want you here by yourself again."

"yeah." i say as i nod again. I'm assuming jack told her about what happened. i actually figured he wouldn't considering it seemed as though he would be in lots of trouble.

she smiles one last time before opening the door and leaving. i then take out my phone and call jack. it rings a few times before it goes to his voicemail. i hang up and try again; voicemail again.

i give up trying and decide on just waiting for him to return. 

+

it has been four hours, and jack still hasn't come home. i start to worry considering it is starting to get dark outside. 

I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for him to walk through the door so i can feel safe again. as if on cue, the door opens and in comes jack. 

he looks as though he has just survived an explosion. i immediately jump up and walk over to him. "oh my goodness, what happened to you?" i ask.

he shakes his head as he lifts up his shirt. i look down to see blood dripping from his rip cage, along with a stab wound. i gasp as i look up to his face.

"i need your help." he gets out. he looks like he is about to pass out any moment. i shake my head rapidly as i lean his body on my shoulder and try to guide him up the stairs. 

i then take him into his bathroom and take out the first aid kit. i first get a towel and place it over the wound. then i replace the dry towel with a wet one, cleaning off all of the blood. after that, i take out the medicated ointment and dab it on. he winces and cries out.

"I'm sorry." i rush as i place the ointment back and grab gauze. i wrap his side with the gauze and tape it down. i make sure it is secure before putting everything back in the kit and putting it back under the sink.

"thank you." he says once I'm done. he looks better already. he takes a deep breath in as i look at him.

"what happened to you?" i ask quietly as he finally looks me in the eyes. he hesitates to answer, and i can tell that he is contemplating making something up.

"you didn't think i would let them get away with what they did to you, did you?" he asks. i furrow my eyebrows as he gives me a small closed mouth smile. 

"you didn't have to do that." i say as i look down at my hands, which are clasped together in front of my stomach.

"yes i did. i needed to make it up to you." he says. i look back up and smile at him. 

"thank you." i whisper. he nods. "now we're both hurt." i joke. he laughs a little.

"it was worth it." he says. i knew that he wanted to make it up to me, but i didn't expect him to go after whoever had hurt me.

"how did you even figure out who it was? you had no trace to whoever it was." i say as i scrunch my eyebrows together. 

"i pulled a few strings." he smiles. "remember luna, i know people."

i nod, not wanting to continue this further. i then back away from him on the sink and walk into my room. "i was scared without you here." i admit when i see that he is following me. 

"were you?" he asks. 

i whip my head back, astounded that he would even ask that. "of course i was. i don't need another rerun of what happened last week." i say.

"i was kidding. i knew you would be." he says. "which is why nate was sitting outside the whole time watching the house."

i let out a sigh, feeling better knowing that if something were to happen; nate would have come in and helped me. "thank you." i say. 

he nods. we both go silent as we have nothing to say. i then see jack walking towards me out of the corner of my eyes. i turn towards him to still see him slowly approaching me.

when he is standing right in front of me, he brings his hand up and brushes it against my cheek, running it alone my cheekbone. "you had an eyelash on your cheek." he whispers.

i smile as i flutter my eyelashes at him, deciding on keeping my eyes looking towards the ground while i can feel his burning into my head.

when i look up, he is leaning in ever so slightly. but when he is about an inch away from my lips, i turn my head away from him. he then backs away quickly and clears his throat. "I'm sorry, that was so uncalled for." he says.

i nod my head, not saying a word to him. "i have a girlfriend." he then says again, and i again nod to his response. all of the things he has said so far are true. 

"uh-eh." he struggles to get out before he decides on just turing and leaving; without saying another word.

[vote, comment, share]