Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

*Louis' P.O.V*

She's back.

I honestly can't believe that she's back. It's like a dream come true but in my dream she wouldn't come back in the state she did. She wouldn't be covered in her own blood. She wouldn't have bruises or cuts making ghostly patterns on her skin. She wouldn't have pale skin and she wouldn't be all skin and bone.

I don't know what was worse to be honest. Seeing her bones through her skin from the weight loss or seeing her beat up the way she was. I'm leaning towards the latter but I'm still not a hundred percent sure. 

Ever since I saw her lying there in that blanket, almost naked, the black and blue bruises standing out on her pale skin, my whole body has been shaking. I don't know why. It could be from the nerves of finally getting to see her again. It could be from being able to find out who did this to her. It could just be all my emotions boiling over until my body can't take it anymore.

I honestly don't know but all those reasons sound very plausible.

Liam has almost been as bad as me. When he heard me say it's her, he literally burst into tears, shocking everyone. Throughout all of this, he has been the strongest of us all. I don't know how, considering she is his sister, but he has been the one to comfort us, instead of us comforting him.

Niall, well Niall has been stress eating. He has literally not stopped eating since we got to the hospital. While we were waiting for the ambulance and the police, he went inside and filled a huge bag with literally our whole kitchen's supply of food. Liam, Harry and myself haven't even wanted to look at food but Niall, he can't seem to stop eating.

Harry has been taking this surprisingly well. I think he's trying to be the strong one for once, even though I can tell this has hit him as hard as the rest of us. But I think he is trying to take Liam's role while Liam breaks down in front of us.

It's so strange though, seeing us all act this way. Seeing Liam crying, Niall stress eating and Harry, well Harry being Liam. I don't know what to make of it. It honestly is strange and not making the situation any better to be honest.

"Stop pacing Lou. You're going to wear a hole in the floor."

I stop in my tracks, turning to look at Harry who is patting the seat beside him. My eyes move to the chair, glaring daggers at the hard, grey plastic of the hospital chair. There is no way I would be able to sit in that. I would just fidget and fidget. It would be worse than me pacing.

"No Harry. I can't."

"Lou, you have been pacing for six hours straight. You need to sit down," he sighs.

It's then that I notice how tired I feel and how sore my legs are. But I can't sleep. I can't sleep while knowing that Mimi is alive in a room down the hall, being looked at my many doctors and nurses. I just can't.

"I know. But I can't sleep, I can't sit down, I can't-"

I'm cut off my a doctor clearing his throat, "Hi boys."

I spin around to face him, my features contouring into a weird shape as I see the blood on his scrubs. Is that her blood? Is she okay? Is she alive? Oh god, please tell me she is still alive. I wouldn't be able to live if she died.

"Is she okay?" I hear my wobbly voice ask.

"She, well. I wouldn't say Mimi is in a critical condition but I wouldn't say she is in a stable one either. She lost a lot of blood. A lot of it. We had to give her a blood transfusion a few times, especially when we were operating."

This is new news to me, "Operating?"

"Yes. Some of her bones had been broken but they had not healed correctly. We had to re break them and place metal rods in them to make sure they heal correctly this time."

"Can we see her?" Liam asks, finally finding his voice.

"Uhh, only one of you may see her tonight. I know that she won't know what's going on but it's best not to over crowd her anyways. Which one of you will it be?"

I feel the boys eyes on me. They know that I'm going to be the one to want to go. They know that if anyone else went, I would probably stab them with a pen in their sleep. Okay, a bit over dramatic but they know I wouldn't be happy about it.

"Me."

The doctor nods his head before leading my down the hall to a room with a closed door and windows with the blinds open. Looking inside, I can see Mimi, he pale skin blending perfectly into the white hospital sheets. He bruises and cuts stand out like a sore thumb, literally asking for you to look at them.

"Here you go. Just make sure you don't touch any tubes or wires. If you are going to hold her hand, I suggest the left one. It hasn't got as many tubes or wire."

I send him a swift nod before pushing the door open and letting the antiseptic smell mix with the fresh flowers sitting on her bedside table. I can feel the tears in my eyes as I step into the room, closing the door softly behind me.

Slowly, I walk around the bed until I am standing right next to her, the beeping of her heart monitor steady and constant. I sit down for the first time on one of the hospital chairs, this one more appealing with it's soft cushioned sheet.

I hesitantly scoop her frail hand up in my two large, warm ones, shocked at the cold feel of them. I let out a large sigh of relief, placing my head on the bed next to our hands. She's alive that's all that matters. That she's alive.

I lift my head, taking in her gorgeous feature, lined by dark shadows, "Hi Mimi."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THIS CHAPTER IS JUST AOLCKWMSANALHJDJSOWEKJF!

That didn't make any sense but that is literally how I feel right now. I just yeah. I have big plans for this story and I know that you are probably all going to hate me but that's okay. You'll end up loving me again when it gets to the end :)

Also, In Touch is #372! Like that is so awesome! I know that it is no where near as good as Wrong Number but it is still pretty good. So yeah.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you guys that have apologised for saying 'update please'. It means a lot to me that you guys feel that way. Also thank you to the guys that have been commenting to other people saying not to comment it. You guys are really awesome! I couldn't ask for better fans!

QOTC: Who watches the X Files?

I sort of do. I mean, my dad watches it and I watch bits and pieces but it is soooo weird. Not even joking. It is so weird. Like all the aliens and monsters and stuff are just strange. Yeah.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo