Chapter Thirty Seven

I let my mouth fall open in shock, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me Mimi. I know that you're avoiding him. I mean, you were getting all cosy with him and then all of a sudden you pulled away from him and then when he asked if he should stay here with you, you automatically refused. Spill."

I let out a small sigh, resting my head on his shoulder, "Why are you so observant Ni?"

"I just notice certain things. You will understand when you get you memories back. Now spill love."

"I just, I don't know. I mean, who knows what happened last year during those memories I can't remember. I just don't want to get hurt when I remember stuff," I lie.

Remember how I said that no one is going to find out about me having feelings towards Louis? Yeah well that means Niall too. Even if it means that I have to break his trust by lying to him. I don't want the boys to find this out. 

"Listen Mimi. You can't just push Louis or any of us away. You don't remember anything that happened but that's the thing. You don't remember. But think about it this way alright. What if you do something that breaks your friendship with any of us and then you remember. Then what? How will you fix the damage that you did?"

I suppose he's right. What if I do do something terrible to break our friendship and then I remember everything. And when I remember, what will I do then? Try and fix it? I doubt that will work because I don't think they would forgive me. 

I guess the only thing left for me to do is to let the chips fall where they may. 

It's not the best plan but it's probably better for the future. I don't want to lose any of these boys as friends. I don;t want that. But I don't want to get hurt. I don't want to remember everything and then regret everything that's happened.

"Oh don't cry Mimi. Please don't cry," Niall mumbles as he wraps and arm around my shoulders and pulls be against his chest.

It's then that I feel the tears on my cheeks. The salty droplets of water snaking down the pale skin of my face. I bury my face into Niall's shirt as the tears fall heavier down my cheeks. A small, strangled sob escapes my mouth as I finally let out all the pent up emotions.

"Mimi. Shhhh. It's okay. You're okay," Niall coos as he runs his fingers through my hair as he tries to calm me down.

We sit there in silence for a while, the only sound being my broken sobs bouncing off the car walls. Niall continues to run his fingers through my hair in a useless attempt to calm me down. But I know it's no use. Now that I'm crying, I won't be able to calm down.

"We got pizza! Here you go...Mimi, are you okay?" I hear Harry say.

Another loud sobs escapes my dry lips at the voice. These boys are the reason I'm crying. I don't want in on all this drama. Sure, it's probably safer for me to be living with them but I don't want to have to deal with all this heartbreak and pain that comes with it.

"Here, I'll take her Niall," Louis mutters quietly.

I feel another set of arms wrap around my body before I'm moved so I am sitting on his lap. His cologne invades my nostrils, instantly calming me down. I feel the tears slow down slightly, as do the hiccups brushing past my lips.

"It's okay love. I'm here now."

His words move through me like a hand through water. They move so softly and so quickly that before I have time to even think about it, my brain instantly starts to tell my body to calm down. To stop shaking. To relax into his warm, comforting arms.

"That's it love. Calm down now."

I rest my head on his shoulder, burying my face in his neck. His intoxicating scent rolls over me, cause me to relax even more, my eyes feeling heavy. I let my eyes fall closed as the warmth radiating off Louis' body wraps me in a safe and comforting embrace.

As much as I don't want to admit it, ignoring Lou for the sake of not getting hurt is a bad idea. I'm still going to have feelings for him, no matter how hard I try to suppress them. I'm still going to hate myself day after day. There really is no point.

It doesn't matter how much I get hurt, I can already tell that having feelings for Louis just feels so right. I don't know why but just thinking about my feelings for him causes my brain to go into a state of panic as it tries to search for any clues as to why I feel this way.

The only reason I feel like it's important to find out why I feel like this is because of the fact that from the moment I woke up, I've had these feelings for him. I don't know why but I can tell that it's obviously got something to do with the memories I've lost.

"Lou," I mumble as I reach my hand up lazily to rest on his chest.

"What's wrong sweetheart? Are you okay?" he says, his tone slightly panicky. 

"I'm sorry."

I hear a small exhale come from Louis, "Why are you sorry love? You have nothing to be sorry for."

"I'm just sorry. I'm sorry for forgetting."

"No love. Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. I don't blame you for wanting to forget."

"I'm still sorry," I whisper as I snuggle closer to him, my cold body soaking up all warmth rolling off his skin.

I feel his arms tighten around my waist, my heart speeding up at the contact. I honestly could get used to this feeling. Louis having his arms wrapped around me, my head resting on his chest as I slowly fall asleep.

"Go to sleep now love. We'll be home soon."

Awwwww cute!

Anyway, you guys have obviously heard about how I was doing a little competition of Facebook, well I decided to open it up on here as well. To actually be eligible, don't comment you joke on this chapter, I won't be reading it. It has to be posted on my Wattpad page.

So how this is going to work.

You guys are going to comment your favourite joke of all time. It can be a knock knock joke or whatever you like but you also need to leave your Wattpad account user name with it.

I'm going to read all of them and my favourite joke is going to win.

Who ever wins is going to be sent an unseen chapter from In Touch. I won't tell you what it's about but it is an unseen chapter that won't be out until the very end of the book.  

But I have also decided that instead of just picking one person I'm going to pick 2 or 3. 

When entering this though guys, I am going to be making sure that you don't post my chapter anywhere. That chapter will be posted at the end of this book so there is no point in trying to use it as your own work.

The competition will close in 3 days, on Wednesday the 24th at 5:30p.m AEST.

QOTC: Why is vanilla ice cream white when vanilla extract is brown?

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo