Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine

*Mimi's P.O.V*

I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand as I look at my reflection in the mirror. I look terrible, there is no doubt about it. But what can I do? I mean, I was just bawling my eyes out on Liam's shoulder so. That's what happens when the guy that you like is dating another girl.

I guess it just came off as a bit of a shock. I knew that he obviously doesn't like me and I should have been prepared that he would get a girlfriend sooner or later. I guess I was just shocked and wasn't prepared for it to happen so quickly. 

It honestly was the worst feeling into the world. Walking up and seeing him with his lips on hers, his hands on her hips. I felt like my heart had been crammed into a meat tenderiser. I felt like someone had put my body in a shaker and was shaking me around. I felt like I was about to throw up from all the knots and butterflies in my stomach.

What's worse is the feeling that you're left with after. When you are given that super glue that you need to use to glue the pieces together, it makes you feel worse then before. And then you try and glue them back together but they never stick, they just keep falling out and every now and then you have to stop, pick up the piece and glue it back into place.

"So, how about you, me, Niall and Harry all go down to the media room and watch movies and eat junk food all day? Just forget about the world?" Liam asks quietly as I walk out of the bathroom, my damp hair in two braids down the side of my head.

"Okay."

It's then that I realise how weak and broken my voice actually sounds. It sounds so hoarse, like I had been at a concert, screaming for hours, and now I've woken up the next day barely able to talk. But instead of it being totally worth it, there is a hint of sorrow in my tone, suggesting how heartbroken I actually am.

As much as I try to maintain my composure, maintain the mask I try so hard to keep up, there are always gaps. I know that now. When Liam started pointing out that he knew that I wasn't okay last night, I knew that there must have been gaps.

Large gaps that had gotten bigger with time. The more I held on, the large those cracks and those gaps got. I think that's why they were so large. Because I was holding on for too long. I was holding on when all I should have done was let go and let everyone in. I would have felt a lot better.

"Listen to me Mimi," Liam says sternly as he walks over to me and puts his hands on my cheeks, making me look him in the eye, "Louis and Stacey might be down there, I don't know. But if they are, I want you to walk down there and ignore them. I want you to pretend that they aren't even there. If you can hold on until we get downstairs, everything will be okay. Just pretend they aren't there and I promise you that you will be able to hold on."

"But I need to let go Liam. Sometimes holding on hurts more then letting go."

"I know that, Mimi, trust me. I know. But if you walk down there and see them and start crying, what are you going to do? You need to find that rope and hold on for as long as possible, even if it hurts because in the end, that pain will be worth it."

I let out a sigh, closing my eyes at the same time, "Why are you so good with your words Li?"

"I don't know. The fans call me daddy direction honestly, I'm just as childish as the other boys sometimes."

And it's true. I remember sitting in the hospital room a few weeks ago and Niall had his guitar. The boys were singing a song, I'm not sure what it was. But when it came to Liam's part, instead of singing like a normal person, he got up and started to do a jig around the room while singing like a hillbilly. It was extremely funny and I had the biggest cramps in my stomach from laughing so hard.

"That, I believe."

"Come on," Liam says as he walks towards the door.

I take a deep breath, composing myself. I only have to hold on for a few minutes. That's it. And like Liam said, in the long run it will be worth it. It's like in primary school when we had to hold a plank for as long as possible and the winner got an icy pole and an early mark. I was one of the last ones but I held on, as much as it hurt my stomach. And I won. It was worth it though, I'll tell you now.

Heading out of the door and towards the stairs with Liam by my side had to be one of the most nerve racking moments I've experienced in a while. Just thinking that Louis could be down there with his new girl friend sends dread running through my body. I don't want to think about it at all.

As we head down the stairs, I can hear voices carry from the lounge out to the stairs. And that's when I hear it, the unnaturally high girls voice as she complains about fake girls using boys for money. I might now know her at all but I am going to make an assumption right now, she is one of them. Just from the sound of her voice I can tell.

As we walk around the corner, all eyes turn to face us, causing me to stop in my tracks. My eyes dart straight to Louis who has a weird look on his face that I can't explain. His arm is placed around the 'lovely' Stacey that he now calls his girlfriend.

"Mimi! Oh my gawd! It's so nice to meet you. The boys have told me so much about you. I'm Stacey!"

God, Stacey why are you so fake? Why? Why? Why?

I does not understand at all...

As you guys can probably tell from all my not being able to understand moments, I am blonde and very proud of it. Except I'm not proud of my dumb blonde moments. They can be pretty bad sometimes, not gonna lie.

If I wasn't typing on my computer right now, I would totally insert the laughing tear face emoji think. LOL. It would just be so appropriate wouldn't it?

YAY! Let the weekend getaway begin!

Let me get one thing straight though, when I say 'weekend getaway' I mean a very boring weekend full of me doing some of my fifty million assignments. *sigh*

BUT I DON'T WANNA!

QOTC: Would you rather never eat chocolate ever again and not have to have period cramps again in your life or get to eat chocolate but have the cramps?

I would still have cramps and eat chocolate because honestly, chocolate is life. I wouldn't be able to survive without chocolate. So I guess getting chocolate would make it worth it...Eventually.

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo