chapter five

Lauren didn't answer Luke when he told her that Michael had a thing for her, because she doesn't believe it.

We arrived at Ashton's and I couldn't even explain how nervous me and Lauren are.

*door opens*

"Hey girls." Ash said, standing at the door in just a pair of shorts.

"Excuse me, I'm here too." Luke said in a serious voice.

"Yeah? I know." Ashton started laughing. "Come in, come in." He said.
-
We made our way over to the 2 couches beside Ashton's drums. I sat to the right of Luke and Lauren sat beside Michael on the left. Ash was sitting on his drum set and Calum was playing with the puppies.

"So, Luke you like Jess?" Michael said while nudging Ashton.

"So Michael, you like Lauren?" Luke said, being straight forward.

"Shut up man." He frowned.

"Not nice is it?" Luke frowned back "And if I did would it be a problem?"

"No, of course not." Michael patted Luke's shoulder and Luke just smiled.
-
Luke's POV:

Michael asked me if I liked Jess, which yes isn't it obvious? I practically stalked her on Twitter and wanted to meet her after a day. I know it sounds creepy but she's just so beautiful and clever. I like that in a girl.

On the other hand, I don't think her best friend Lauren is too fond on us. I keep getting a vibe that I don't like. So i might as well speak to her and try be her friend.

"Hey Lauren." I kept it short and sweet.

"H-hi Luke. What's up?" She spoke.

"Nm, you?" I'm so bad at conversations.

"Dido." She said.
...
"So I was wondering, is it ok with you if I asked Jess out? Her being your best friend and all, I really don't want you to think I'm getting in the way of what you guys have." I said, as I rubbed my neck.

"Of course you can, she's not on lock down. She can be dating you know?" She looked at me with a strange face.

"Oh, sure. Haha ok thank you." I was so nervous, she looked like she wanted to kill me.
-
Lauren's POV:
Luke asked for my permission to see if he could date Jess.. Like wtf? I'm not her mum but yes.
This is so nerve racking.

As I seen Luke take a seat next to Jess, Michael approached me.

"Hey, you look sad what's up?" He said.

"Sad? Are you kidding me. I'm living out my dream." I gave him a smile.

"That's awesome to hear! So would you like to talk in private?" He asked, while raising his eyebrows.

"Sure, why not." I walked out of the door.
-
Michael's POV:
Me and Lauren took a seat on the step outside of Ashton's house.
She was looking so cute in her black laced top with a choker on and ripped skinny jeans.

"So, I heard you liked me but I don't really believe it. I thought I'd ask you instead of thinking of it over and over in my head." I said nervously.

"Well um.. I'm not good with words. But I have had a crush on you since the day we met. When I saw you in the meet and greet I couldn't seem to take my eyes off you, your smile is contagious." He blushed.

"Michael that is the cutest thing anyone's ever said to me." I looked down and smiled.

"You're so welcome." He kissed my cheek.
-
Jessica's POV:
When Luke sat beside me he had a bomb of a question to ask me.

"I really want to ask you something." He said while putting a pillow over his face.

"Shoot." I moved the pillow out the way.

"I really want to take you out, like just us two. I want to get to know you even more." He smirked.

"Well, Luke Hemming's if you're asking me out its totally a yes from me." I laughed.

"Happy to hear." He said, winking at me.
-
Luke drove me home and Lauren got dropped off by Michael.
As soon as I got home Luke asked if he could walk me to my door.

"I had a really good time tonight getting to know you all, even though I didn't get to see Calum much because he went off to play with puppies." I said, walking up the pathway.

"You're awesome, thank you for coming tonight and thanks for agreeing to go on another date with me." He played with his lip ring.

"Another? Are you calling tonight a date?" I looked at the ground.

"I'd say so, yeah." He looked into my eyes and I immediately froze.

He leaned in and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"I'll call you tomorrow." He walked over to his car and drove off.
-
I closed my door and stood behind it smiling like the little weirdo I am.
When I got upstairs I called Lauren to see if she's home and safe.

*phone goes to answer machine*

She better be ok, it's not like Michael is a bad person? He's the sweetest guy ever.