chapter twenty-two

Jessica's POV:
I was sitting in my room when I heard the door go. I got up to open it and Lauren was standing there crying her eyes out.

"What?" I asked.

"Michael dumped me last night." She put her hands over her face.

"Good." I answered.

"Jess please we have to talk, that's why I came over." She insisted.

"Talk then."

"Can't I come inside?"

"No, you can stay where you are." I groaned.

"Ok. Well please understand that what I did was totally a misunderstanding and-" I cut her off.

"Climbing on top of MY boyfriend, intentionally was a misunderstanding, you're such a bullshitter." I laughed sarcastically.

"No it really was, I was very drunk. You have to understand that." She cried even more.

"Um.." I was thinking. "Wait, no I don't understand." I shook my head a little.

"It was a mistake, please can we just forget it ever happened?" She asked.

"Yeah of course we can, you're my best friend and nothing is gonna change that. Shall we have a girly night in and watch tv, I'll order pizza? Let's forget about it."

"Really?!!" Her eyes started to glow.

"No." I shut the door in her face and went back upstairs.

How dare she even say forget about it, god knows what would of continued if I didn't walk in. Stupid cow.
-
Lauren's POV:
When she said forget about it all, I can't believe I actually thought she was being serious. She doesn't forgive people if they've hurt her that quick. I'm such an idiot.

I walked over to my house which was next door to Jess', I got in and my mum was in the kitchen.

"Are you ok babe?" She asked.

"No mum, I've ruined everything." I cried even more.

"Come and sit, tell me what's happened."

I sat with my mum and told her what's gone on with Jess and Michael. She was the only person who knew what to do whenever I was upset. I got up and went straight to bed as soon as she made me feel better.

As I got in bed my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi, is this Lauren? Girlfriend of Michael." A man said down the phone.

"Ex-girlfriend, but go on? Sorry who is this by the way?" I suspiciously said.

"This is Dr. Lawson calling you from State Valley Hospital. It appears that Michael has been in an accident. We looked through the track record on his phone and we only saw your name, so we figured you'd be with him?"

"What happened? And yeah but we ended things yesterday."

"Michael had been drink driving and the car had slid off into a truck. Would it be possible for you to come down here?" He asked.

I froze.

"I'll be right there."

I put my shoes and coat on, I told my mum where I was going and why, she said it was fine and that she would drop me off.
-
At the hospital.

"Hi I got a phone call about Michael Clifford being in a car accident?" I told the woman at the front desk.

"Are you a relative or partner?" She asked me.