chapter eight

Laurens POV:

Luke put a bit of All Time Low on, to say the rest of the car ride was awkward was an understatement. You could feel the tension between Jess, Luke and Ash. I have no idea, what all Jess did was have a conversation with Ashton what's wrong with that?

"What was all that about?". Micheal whispered in my ear.

"I have no idea" shaking my head.

I looked at Jess and I could see how uncomfortable she was. She just stared out the car window.

Don't get me wrong I think Luke is a cool guy but how he spoke to my best friend really pissed me off.

My head turned towards Ashton and I could see he was staring at Jess, he doesn't like her does he? No way he can't.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Michael nudged me.

"What you thinking about?" He asked.

"Nothing." Giving him a reassuring smile, but I could see him narrowing his eyes at me.
-
Jessica's POV:

I really don't know what Luke's problem was all I did was greet Ashton? He can be so jealous.

The awkwardness in the car was unbearable, I turned to Lauren she looked pissed. I take it she weren't happy with Luke.

I gave her a smile as to tell her I was ok and she nodded at me. I knew she cared.
-
We finally arrived at the cabin. We all got out the car and grabbed our bags and walked up to it, it looked absolutely amazing it had a balcony, swimming pool and a gym plus 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms a kitchen and a huge living room.

"Wow this is awesome" Calum said as he looked around in amazement. We all agreed as we took in this amazing cabin.

We all headed upstairs and picked our rooms. Me and Lauren decided to share, much to Luke and Michaels disappointed but it was abit to soon for us to share with them, of course we picked the room with the balcony. Luke and Michael picked the room next to us then Ash and Calum in the other room.
-
We all unpacked and headed back downstairs.

"Who's for alcohol?" Michael shouted holding up a bottle of jagermeister.

"Me!!" We all shouted and headed into the kitchen, me and Luke still hadn't spoke since the car incident and it was really getting to me.

"Who wants to play never have I ever?" Calum suggested.

"Well why not? Everyone sit on the couches. Michael pass the bottle" Luke insisted.

I knew Luke had a drinking problem in the past because I read it in a couple of articles and he admitted it in an interview for AusWeekly.
-
It had been 20 minutes into drinking and playing games and everyone was drunk. But not me or Ashton.

*michael spins the bottle and it lands on lauren*

"Get here you." Lauren says as she points at Michael to kiss her.

"That was awesome to watch." Calum grinned.

"Ew Calum you're so creepy." Ashton replies.

"I-I WANT TO SPIIIN" Luke stutters.

I don't think it's a good idea for him to play, plus he's drunk and I think he needs to sleep.

*Luke spins the bottle and it lands on Calum*

"No dude, not gonna happen." Calum's face dropped.

"Obvious-ly not" He tries to speak.

"Okaaaay, someone else spin." I say.

"Why don't you?" Michael answers.

"Sure" I said as I spun the bottle.

*bottle lands on Luke*

"Finally." He smiles, as he learned in to kiss me.

"Cuties." I heard Lauren say.
-
After a couple of games I decided we should all go to bed. Me and Ashton walked Luke up the stairs because he was the only one who was so wasted.

After everyone went to bed, I needed water. I walked down into the kitchen and grabbed a glass but something fell off the counter. I hope I didn't wake anyone up.

*hears footsteps*

"FREEZE." Someone shouted.

As I turned around I saw Ashton standing there with a bat.

"Ashton, what the hell are you doing with a bat? It's just me." I held my hands up.

"Shit, I thought it might of been a bear or something." He put down the bat in relief.

"And a bear would freeze?"

"That's true." He started laughing. "What are you doing anyway? It's late." He asked.

"I just wanted water." I replied.

"Jess, I need to ask you something?" He looked to the ground.

"I'm sorry Ash, I have a huge headache could it wait?" I said as I left the kitchen.
-
Ashton's POV:
I heard noises coming from downstairs in the kitchen so I rushed out of my room to see what all the fuss was about.

As I got there it was just Jess, she was grabbing water.

We spoke for a little while before she told me she had a headache. I really needed to tell her something.

"Goodnight Ash, I'll speak to you in the morning." Was the last thing she said before walking up the stairs and into her room.

...

"But I really like you." I said to myself as she left the room.
-
Luke's POV:
I got up to go to the bathroom, it was like 3 am and I was still a little drunk.

As I was walking out I heard someone running down the stairs, so I walked to the corner to see who it was.

It was just Ashton, I heard him say something about he thought it was a bear. But then I heard a girls voice, and it was Jess. I know I shouldn't of but I listened in to their conversation.

After a while of eavesdropping, I heard footsteps walking up the stairs and Jess saying goodnight to Ash. I hid behind the other corner so she wouldn't see me. She walked into her room and I went back to see what Ashton was doing.

"But I really like you." I heard him say to himself. As he walked off into his and Calum's room.

I knew it! My face was filled with anger and I just didn't know what to do. What a snake.