chapter nine

Luke's POV:

I woke up the next morning with a banging headache, why the hell did i drink so much? But all I could think of was what Ashton said about liking Jess.

How could he, he was supposed to be my best friend, what do I do? Do I confront him about it or not?

All sorts was going through my mind, does she like him too?

Jessica's POV:

I woke up rather early 07:30am to be precised, wondering what Ash wanted to talk to me about he sounded quite worried I hope he's ok.

I looked over towards Lauren who wad still fast asleep.

"Lauren!" I whispered, no movement.
"Lauren!!" I shouted abit louder which made her stir.

"Hmmm" She turned round to face me.

"What time is it?" She yawned.

"07:30" I replied.

She looked at me as if I was mad "Why the hell are you waking me up at this time?" She said quite sternly.

"Sorry, but I know we only met the boys a couple days ago, but have you noticed how Ash has been with me?"

I heard her sigh as she sat up in her bed "He did seem abit flirtatious with you as he got in the car yesterday, he may of been joking around just to mess with Luke but I don't know"

Yeah maybe she's right but I explained to her what happened last night when I went to get some water and Ashton said he had something to tell me.

"Even if he did like you, it shouldn't be a problem right because you like Luke?" Lauren questioned.

"I see Ashton as a friend nothing more" I smiled

"Problem solved then"

Ashton's POV:

I woke as fresh as a daisy, not sure I could say the same for the rest of them.

I climbed out if bed and noticed Calum was still sleeping, I quietly snuck out of our room and headed to the kitchen I was surprised to see Luke up so early as he was the most drunk out of everyone.

"Hey man" I said as I grabbed the orange from the fridge.

"Hmm" he mumbled as he made himself a coffee.

"What's the matter? Hungover?" I chuckled taking a sip of my orange juice.

"If only that was the case Ashton, I heard what u said last night after Jess had gone to bed"

I looked at him bewildered I didn't know he was listening.

"Yeah that's right I heard you say you liked her what the fuck man you're supposed to be my friend"

I was shocked I didn't know what to say I love Luke I didn't want to hurt him, but I couldn't help how I felt I looked down at the floor as I said. "I'm sorry Luke but yes I like her"

As soon as I could get another word in he answered "But you don't really know her? Not that I can talk but you and her haven't really spoke. It's only been a couple of days."

"Yeah a couple of days, why do you like her then if that's the case?" I turned my head to him.

"Because we have chemistry!! You don't." He stood up from the chair on the island.

"Chemistry my ass man, the only reason why I nudged you from your daydream at the meet and greet is because I was jealous and I didn't want you looking at her like that. I wanted that to be me." I stood up too.

"Bullshit." He shouted.

"Guys, what the hell is going on." A voice said from behind us. It was Jess.

She was standing there in a pair of black shorts and a long t-shirt.

"Nice shirt. I think I've seen that somewhere." Luke laughed.

What a prick.

"Sorry my stuff is in the laundry room, I hope you don't mind?" She asked.

"Of course not." Luke looked at me with a evil grin as he walked over and kissed her cheek.

"The real question is, what is going on." She proclaimed.

"Nothing. Luke asked me if I liked FIFA and I said no, I thought it was shit and he got mad. Right Luke?" I turned my head a little.

"Right." He replied.

"Ash can we speak outside? It's important." She looked worried.

"Yeah, sure." I looked at Luke and his jaw was tense and his eyes widened.
-
Jessica's POV:
I walked outside with Ashton because I knew he wanted to tell me something and I was determined to know.

We sat on the porch swing out front and he spoke first.

"I think I know what this is about." He looked down.

"You don't think.. You know." I said.

"I'm sorry if I'm being weird and I'm sorry if whatever comes out my mouth is weird too. But ever since the meet and greet I couldn't stop thinking about you. We hardly spoke there I know but I fell in love with your eyes and your smile, even though you were concentrating on Luke the whole time. The reason I kept telling him to stop looking at you was because I wanted that to be me." He took a deep breath. " I like you, and if we continue to hang out things might get messy. Messy as in I might end up falling for you." He finished speaking.

I KNEW IT.

"Oh Ash-" I cut off.

"Please don't hate me." He said really fast.

"Are you kidding why would I hate you." I asked.

"Because you and Luke are getting close. And he hates me now." He was shaking.

"Wait. Luke knows." My face dropped.

"Yeah, um. He kind of heard me telling myself that I like you as soon as you left last night."

It all makes sense now.

"I need to get my head around this situation. Ash I love you but not in that way. It's just too soon. You know?" I was scared for his reaction.

"No worries. I understand, I'll get over it." He said. "You should probably speak to Luke."

Me speak to Luke? Wait what did I do.
-
Luke's POV:
As soon as Jess went outside with Ashton I was furious. But I seen her come back in.

"Luke sit with me." She said walking over to the couch.

"Sure." I replied.

"I know everything now. About last night and about the feud with you and Ash. But Luke you have to understand I let him down easy, I told him that I have something going on with you and that I want to continue with it. Please don't let me get in the way of you and your best friend, you have known each other for years you have known me 2 days. It's all a rush." She put her hand on her head.

"I understand. I'll try and sort it out with him I promise. But I would love to continue what we have also." I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

I'm glad she likes me and not Ash. But that's another problem. I have to speak to him.