chapter nineteen

Luke's POV:
As Jess shouted that she was gonna call Michael up and tell him about me and Lauren. I just had to go over there. I got in my car and drove to his house and as soon as I got there I ran inside, he was right in front of me on the sofa.

"Michael!!!" I was shaking. He wouldn't look at me so it was obvious Jess had already told him.

"Michael, please say something." He just wouldn't respond.

"Look man what happened with me and Lauren was totally a misunderstanding, please don't be mad at me it wasn't my fault." His face went bright red as he turned to me.

"What the fuck happened with you and Lauren?" Wait. What?

"Huh?" I panicked.

"What are you going on about Luke." He stood up.

"Wait, why are you mad?" I looked up at him.

"My dad has been having an affair. He's just moved out with the woman who has completely ruined our lives. And now my mum is a complete mess. SO WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED WITH YOU AND LAUREN." His voice started to get louder.

"Michael please, calm down. I thought Jess had called you, I thought that's why you were mad and I'm so sorry about what happened with your parents."

"If you don't start explaining Luke I'm gonna go on a big rage." Tightening his fists together.

"After you left, me and Jess sneaked off upstairs but then she needed to pee, I was waiting in my room for her to come back. Then the lights went off, so I'm obviously gonna think it's her right?" I stopped.

He paused. "What the fuck are you waiting for? Continue the story."

"Ok, and then she climbed on top of me, fully clothed not naked by the way." He snarled at me. "Then she put her hands on my neck to bring me closer to kiss her, then all of a sudden the lights came on and I saw Jess standing at my door as she dropped her drink, I looked at Lauren in disgust and shouted "LAUREN" and I ran after Jess, Ashton almost murdered me but I wasn't interested in him I had to find Jess so I went to look for her, I ended up throwing stuff at her window and she threatened to call you and that's why I'm here." I said very fast.

Michael just stared at me while he was thinking what to say, I don't blame him for being mad but he has to understand none of this was my intention.

Michaels POV:
After Luke explaining to me what happened, I honestly don't think he had any idea on what was going on, I believe him that he thought it was Jess because to be truthful he would never do that to me.

"Luke, I believe you man but I'm still hurt. Lauren still had her lips on you and I can't help but feel betrayed. Instead of being here now, I think you should go and see Jess again." I said.

"Are you ok with me? Please believe me when I say it wasn't my intention to hurt you." He replied.

"I believe you, I just said that." I slightly patted Luke on the back. "But I have to see Lauren now so I'll speak to you soon." He got up and left as he went to see Jess.
-
Jessica's POV:
I was at my door paying the pizza man, as I closed it I ran to the sofa and played the TV. I was catching up on Pretty Little Liars. As I sat down I heard the door bell, maybe I forgot to pay the pizza man extra? I opened it and a soppy looking guy was standing at my door with a big bouquet of flowers and a box.

"What do you want? Didn't I just tell you to fuck off like an hour ago?" I crossed my arms.

"Please let me explain, again." Luke smirked a little.

"Don't smirk at me, you're a horrible cheater." I was about to close the door but he put his foot there.

"Move your foot off my door." I pointed.

"No, not unless you let me speak." He moved closer.

"Um, haven't you said enough?" I rolled my eyes.

"Actually no I haven't."

"You're ruining pizza night for me can't you just back off?" I started to raise my voice.

"Is there a guy in here?" He tensed.

"No there isn't, I'm not a cheat like some people. And even if there was, it's none of your business." He pushed the door open and made his way in.

"What do you think you're doing? Get out Luke."

"I'm not leaving until you hear me out."
-
After 10 minutes of bickering, I just let him speak. I sat on the sofa as he sat on the other side.

"Jess please, I told Michael a pretty good explanation and he totally believed me. He even said it wasn't my intention of what happened." I could see in eyes how sorry he was but that doesn't change anything of what happened. Not only did he betray me, own best friend betrayed me. And that's painful.

He explained more and more about what happened, but I decided that I needed some space. As he got up he gave me the flowers and a box and said.

"Jess.. I was supposed to give you this box a couple of weeks ago but I totally forgot. It's got all letters inside with the words "Open when..." I sat up all night doing them for you, the day I messaged you on Twitter I saw a photo you posted saying "Maybe one day, someone could do this for me." So I took up on that opportunity. I don't know what your mood is right now but whatever one you find to match it, give it a read." He explained. "I love you." He added as he started to tear up with his head in his hands as he walked out the door.
-
When he left I turned off the tv and opened the box. I looked for the letter that said "Open When... You're Sad." It said...

To MY Jess,

I hope you don't have to read this one for a very long time, and I hope when you do it's not because of me. Please smile for me, baby. Whatever it is that's got you down, you can get around it. You're stronger than anything trying to bring you down. I love you to pieces, and I'm always here to talk to, even if you're in tears or in your worst state. I love you so so much. Go listen to music, take a nap, call me if you need, whatever you need to do to get that smile back. And if I am the reason you're sad, I'm so sorry for whatever it is I did, please know that you're forever, my one and only and that nothing will ever stop me from loving you. You are all I ever want and all I ever need.

YOUR Luke x

It was in that moment a tear drop fell to the letter. I couldn't stop crying. He is everything I ever wished for. I just don't know what to do right now.