Chapter Twenty-Four: "Bad Moon Rising"

A/N: Only a few more chapters left! Thanks for reading! Xx

"Happy Birthday!" We all shout out.

Chad stops in the doorway and I link my arm through his while watching his reaction. He's surprised which is what we were all hoping for.

He laughs before finally thanking us all, "Who even planned this?"

His father points directly at me and I raise my hands up, "Guilty."

He smiles down at me before placing a quick kiss. Eric and Warren roll their eyes but we ignore them.

His family is here as well as mine. Some of his friends from school are here, including Sam, and Josie and Macy are here as well. From the looks of it, Macy and Sam are hitting it off. I shake my head at the thought. I swear she has the highest records of people dated.

The party took a bit of planning but with the help of Val and Chad's father we were able to pull it together. Everyone is sat outside in the backyard. There is a fire in the middle where chairs are all sat around. My dad is at the grill cooking burgers and hot dogs for us all. I invited Chad's mother but she claimed that I clearly didn't plan in advance enough and she already had plans.

"I can't believe you did this," Chad whispers to me.

I smile at him and then move my arm so he can go say hello to everyone that came. He gives me another quick kiss before heading off to say hi to everyone. Even then, he keeps one hand intertwined with mine and makes me walk around with him.

The rest of the night goes by just as planned. The food is great, all thanks to my dad and Val. Dennis and Luke even stopped by for a little bit. Their relationship with Chad is still tense and awkward but I can tell they are trying.

Chad's dad is continuously thanking me for putting this together. After a while I can tell he is a bit drunk. Chad is enjoying himself and opens up some of the gifts his friends got. Most of them consist of inappropriate things which makes me happy we waited until the parents went inside to watch a movie.

Warren invited his friend Rose over and the two of them are currently sitting by the fire making s'mores. Eric keeps making jokes which makes Warren cheeks turn red and Rose laugh. Josie and Macy keep coming up with bizarre games to play but they end up being fun and everyone joins in on them.

Nearing midnight we are all exhausted. I'm sitting in Chad's lap on one of the chairs. I'm trying to eat a s'more but it is quite messy. I'm in one of his sweatshirts so I am trying to keep it clean. Chad and Eric are coming up with stupid stories but we laugh nonetheless. When everyone leaves it is almost three in the morning. I head up to my room after cleaning up with the help of Eric and Chad. He follows me up to my room, claiming he is sleeping in Eric's. My dad was too tired to think of anything else.

"Can you two remember to be quiet?" Eric asks.

I laugh at his words, "Maybe."

Chad winks and Eric flips us off. We close my bedroom door and Chad instantly captures my lips with his.

"Thank you," he says in between kisses.

I smile and then softly push him away, "Wait, I have your gift."

"I don't need another gift. You've already given me enough," he says.

I shake my head, "Here."

He takes the wrapped box and opens it. When he realizes what it is he instantly smiles. I can't help but smile along with him. The picture of us is my absolute favorite. I framed it with a nice black, wooden frame. The photo was quickly captured and was quickly my favorite. When I saw it, I knew that I had to put it into a frame.