Chapter 8: Trapped

Laura's Pov: I sat there in shock staring at the text message that was haunting me. Could Maia really be capable of making my life a living hell? I just noticed that my hands were shaking in fear. I seriously don't know what to do or what I need to be prepared for? I'm mean what does Maia mean by making my life a living hell? This is too much to think about now. I get off of my bed and slip into my Pjs.Then I slid back under the covers under my comfy bed. I slowly drifted to sleep thinking about everything that's happened this week. I slept peacefully.Ahhhh! I jolted awake. Thank god this didn't happen in real life. I had a dream that Maia had kidnapped my family and she made me watch as she tortured them. I quickly wiped my sweaty forehead and got out of bed. My heart was beating a mile a minute. I took a quick shower and threw on a peplum and some skinny jeans. I straightened my wavy hair and put on a light shade of make up. I grabbed my backpack and got into my car and drove to school. Once I walked into school the hallway was flooded with students rushing to their lockers. I took all the books out of my pink backpack and shoved them into my locker. I closed the locker and was surprised to see Maia infront of me. My hands started to shake and my heart was beating fast. " Hey Maia" I say trying not to sound scared. " I told you not to tell Ross about it" she says and I can see the furry in her eyes." But he fished it out of me" I say. " You better watch your back because your life will be a living hell from now on" She says and pushed me against the lockers causing me to drop my books. I bent down to pick up my books and I see someone walk about to me.I look up to see Ross as he bents down to help me pick up my books. " Hey what happened?" He asks concerned. " Umm nothing" I say as I get back up.I see Ross looking at my shoulder." What's this?" He says pulling down my sleeve revealing a big bruise. " It's nothing Ross" I say as I walk away. Then I am pulled back by Ross. Our lips are inches apart and I can feel his breath against my face. He looks into my eyes and I look into his. He has a good grip on me. " Really Laura tell me what happened?" He says." Fine it's nothing really Maia just got mad with me and pushed me into my locker"I say. "I'm going to talk to her right now"he says. " No Ross please"I say. " Fine but Im only doing this for you" he says.

Ross's Pov:"I'm going to talk to her." I say to Laura. "Ross don't." Laura says."Fine I'm only doing this for you. Laura I don't want you getting hurt because of this whole situation." I say."Ross I'm just scared of what Maia can do." Laura says."I won't let Maia hurt you. I've got to get to class I'll see you later." I say giving Laura a hug. I head to English and pull out my phone. There's a text from annonymous and it says "Laura told you be prepared." "Ross put your phone away." Says my teacher.I put my phone away and pull out Dante's inferno. Class ends and I go over to my locker and put my books in. Just as I'm about to head to class Maia walks up."Maia what do you want?" I ask closing my locker."What did Laura tell you earlier?" Maia asks."She told me that you shoved her into locker and left a bruise oh and that you would make her life a living hell." I say."I will make her life a living hell by hurting you first." Maia says." What could you possibly do to hurt me?" I ask."You'll see." Maia says walking away.I think about what Maia said. What will Maia do? I don't want to stick around to find out but I have to be strong for Laura. I have to protect Laura from Maia. I grab my books and head to class.

----------------- 2 minutes before the final bell rings -----------------

Ross's Pov: For the whole day I couldn't think straight. My mind kept on thinking about one thing. About what Maia had said to me earlier. How could she possibly hurt Laura using me? Then my thoughts were interrupted by the final bell. I was the last to walk out of class. I head straight to my locker and quickly shove my books into my bag. Why you ask, because I can't have Laura getting suspicious.I see Laura at the corner of the other hallway about to walk to her locker. I quickly slam my locker closed and head the other way hoping not to be seen by Laura. First stop is Maia's house.I know I promised Laura I wouldn't interfere with Maia but I needed to clear things up with her. I got into my car and drove to Maia's hoping she's home. I walked up the steps to her front porch and rang the doorbell. Come on, come on! Where are you Maia? Then I hear someone approach the door. Thank god someone's home. Maia answers the door. " What are you doing here Ross " she says." Oh don't act like you don't know" I say as I walk onto her house. "How about we go down to the basement and talk so we can have some privacy" she says leading me down to her basement. " Ok so now that we're all alone this is the last time Im going to tell you to leave Laura alone" I say not noticing I raised my voice a little bit." I can't understand " Maia says. " So that big bruise on Laura's shoulder was not your fault?" I ask her. "Don't you see she's trying to turn you against me Ross" she says. " Don't worry Maia you already done that yourself" I say." And don't worry about saying goodbye because this is the last time you'll ever see me" I say. " She stands in front of me blocking the exit. " Actually Ross this is the last time you'll ever see Laura" she says.She gets out and locks the door behind her. " I bang on the door and try kicking it to budge it open but it wouldn't budge." Open the damn door!" I scream at the too of my lungs.

Laura's Pov: I get home from school and try to call Ross. I get his voice mail. That's weird he always answers his phone then I call Rydel."Hey Laura." Says Rydel when she answers."Hey Ry is Ross there?" I ask."No he didn't come straight home after school like he usually does." Rydel says."That's weird. Where do you think he is?" I ask."Well he texted me and told me he was going over to Maia's." Rydel says."Damn it. I told him not to get involved. I gotta go I'll talk to you later." I say and hang up and grab my keys off my bedside table.I go downstairs and Vanessa asks "Where are you going?" "Maia's"I say walking out.I get into my car and drive over to Maia's. I get out and go up to the door. I knock and Maia answers."Laura." She says when she opens the door."Where's Ross?" I ask."I don't know." Maia says,"You're lying Rydel told me he was here." I say."Well she's wrong." Maia says about to close the door.

I shove the door back open and I hear a banging noise on the basement door."Who's in the basement?" I ask walking inside."No one." Maia says."Maia there's someone in the basement." "Laura! Help! Let me out of here!" I hear Ross yell through the door. I run over to the door but Maia shoves me out of the way."Why did you lock Ross in the basement!" I shout at Maia."Why do you care?" Maia asks.

"Laura let me out!" Yells Ross again banging on the door."No I won't let him out but you can join him." Maia says taking my phone from me and shoving me into the basement.

A/N: Another cliffhanger!! Tell us what you guys think in the comments!!!!Thanks for reading!! Stay tuned for the next chapter!!