Chapter 25: Challenge Time (Toby P.O.V)

She led me inside her apartment and over to her bed. We sat down and I waited for her to answer. She let out a deep breath and began.

"I was only six when it first happened. She was about sixteen, and she was dating a twenty year old. He came over one time when our parents weren't there, and he brought a bunch of beer. He convinced her to drink some, and pretty soon they were both drunk. They started having sex on the couch, and I happened to walk in. She saw me and started to beat me senseless. She continued to do it over the years. I couldn't tell my parents, I loved her too much back then. By my ninth birthday she had left, and I hadn't seen her since. At my sixteenth birthday she stopped by and gave me a little box. She told me happy birthday and just left me standing there. She was a horrible sister. She gave me a couple scars."

She lifted her sleeve and pointed out a white streak running across it.

"She used a belt then," she explained.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and gave her a squeeze.

"What was in the box?" I asked.

"It was a heart necklace and a note saying she was sorry. I sat in my room and cried after the party," she said sadly.

I kissed her forehead and got up.

"Come on, let's do something, forget I ever asked," I said.

She nodded and followed me into her living room. I picked up a video camera and started to record.

"Hello once again, audience. Intro of darkness, then redness, then whiteness. I'm here at Jacie's apartment, and we're just chillin', hangin' out, doin' whatever. We got bored, so we figured, eh, why not," I said.

"Hey fellow nerds and crazy peeps who watch this. Today, we shall do a bunch of challenges you guys have been dying for me to do. I've already stocked up the supplies, so let's get down to it," she said.

I followed her into the kitchen and waited as she got out a bunch of stuff.

"Okay, let's do the chubby bunny challenge first," she said.

She took out a bag of marshmallows and handed me one. She stuffed one in her mouth.

"Chubby bunny," she said.

She stuffed in another one. I put mine in my mouth and did the same. I got to my eleventh one.

"Chubby bunny," I mumbled.

I tried to put another one in but by then I couldn't say it anymore. My mouth just wasn't big enough. Jacie was already on her sixteenth.

"Chubby bunny," she tried to say.

She spit them out in the trash.

"So much marshmallow," she said.

I laughed and spit mine out too. I grabbed a bottle of Coke and some Mentos.

"You ready for this?" I said.

She nodded.

"Bring it," she challenged.

I popped half of the Mentos into my mouth and handed her the rest. I took a swig of Coke and waited. My mouth was instantly filled with foam and I ended up spitting it all over the counter.

"Aw, Toby, now I have to clean it up," she whined.

She put hers in her mouth and drank some Coke. Foam started running down her cheeks and on her chin.

"She has rabies," I yelled.

She spit hers in the sink and laughed.

"Gimme your shirt," she said.

She grabbed the edge of my shirt and wiped her mouth with it.

"No, bad," I said, slapping her hands.

She grabbed some ice and some salt. I raised an eyebrow as she grabbed my arm. She poured salt on it and did the same to hers. She gave me some ice cubes.

"On three, we put it on our arms," she said.

I nodded.

"One, two, three," she said.

We put the ice on our arms and I instantly regretted it. It was cold and burned like crazy. I held it on a little longer and took it off.

"Ha, I win," she said, taking hers off.

"How many are left?" I asked.

"Just one. The cinnamon challenge," she said.

I grabbed a spoon and the cinnamon. I poured some and popped it in my mouth. I almost choked on it, it was so dry. Jacie swished her around in her mouth for a while. I spit mine out and coughed. I grabbed some water from the fridge and chugged it.

"So thirsty," I spluttered.

She smiled and kept swishing it around. She eventually swallowed it and downed it with water.

"Done," she said, wiping her mouth.

I looked at the camera.

"Thanks for watchin'! Bless yo face, if you sneezed during this video bless you. Take it away, Jacie," I said.

"Goodbye, weirdos. I just did a bunch of random challenges, so suck it," she said.

I flicked the camera off and wiped off the counter. She put everything back and sat on the couch.

"That was fun," she said.

I nodded and threw away the paper towel. She bent down and opened Anigo's cage, but before she could grab him he came flying out and ran.

"Anigo," she shouted.

"I got him," I yelled.

I lunged for him and tripped. I fell head-first into the wall, and everything went dark.