Chapter 29: Oops (Jacie P.O.V)

I don't know what time I had fallen asleep. I was laying beside Toby, my back pressed to his chest and soft snores sounding from him. I smiled as I thought of last night. I slowly pried myself away from him and stood up. I strolled past the bed and quickly ran to the bathroom down the hall. I wasn't sure if anyone was in the house, but I was pretty sure it was empty. I closed the door and turned on the hot water. I pulled the knob and stepped into the shower. I rinsed off, then looked around. I smiled as I spotted bottles of shampoo and conditioner labeled Jacie.

He was so sweet. I popped open the shampoo and squirted some into my hand. I put it back and began to scrub it into my scalp. I thought more about last night, replaying every moment. I noticed something was off. I thought about it over and over again. I reached for the conditioner. It suddenly hit me. I was so shocked the bottle slipped from my hand and crashed to the floor. I quickly rinsed off and shut off the water. I stepped out and grabbed a towel. I looked at myself in the mirror.

I couldn't help but imagine myself growing in pant size. I shook my head. No, I'm fine. I glanced at myself again before wrapping the towel around me. I opened the door and bumped into Toby. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, whirling me and pulled me to his chest. He bent down and kissed me lightly on the cheek.

"I missed you in bed this morning," he murmured.

I forced a smile, but the thought still lingered in my head. There was only one way to get rid of this thought, and that was to tell him. Who knows, maybe he's already figured it out. I stepped away from him and grabbed his hand. I led him into his room and sat on the bed. I let go of his hand and patted the spot next to me. He sat down and I took both of his hands in mine.

"Toby, do you remember last night?" I asked.

He smiled and leaned closer, trying to kiss me. He stopped when he saw the serious expression on my face.

"Yeah, what about it?" he said.

I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. I looked into his eyes.

"Think it over. Think about every moment," I instructed.

He thought, but he just shrugged. I sighed and picked up the small trash can by his bed. I handed it to him.

"What do you see in there?" I questioned.

He shook it and looked inside. He arched an eyebrow, but did as he was told.

"I don't know, some paper, some tissues..." his eyes widened as he understood.

He stood and dumped it all out. He searched through it, but he still couldn't find anything. He looked all throughout out the room, but still nothing. He ran his hand through his hair. I hugged my knees to my chest.

"Well, maybe-" "No, just stop. You won't find anything," I cut him off.

He sat back down next to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I leaned against him, letting him comfort me.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered.

"We're gonna hope that we got lucky," he said.

"But what if we didn't?" I asked, tearing up.

There was a silent pause. He squeezed me tight.

"Then we get a place and do our best, no matter what it is, or how many," he said gently.

I hugged him closer and let a tear fall down my cheek. He swung my legs over his lap and wiped it away with his thumb. I sat leaned against his chest. He kissed the top of my head and cradled me in his arms. We were interrupted by a knock on the front door. I quickly got up and changed into my clothes. Toby threw on some pants and a shirt. He walked into the kitchen to start coffee. I opened the door and saw the person I least expected to be there.