Chapter 1- The Mysterious Girl

Sunset Shimmer raced to Canterlot High, having gotten a text from Rainbow Dash that there was an emergency and all of them had to come immediately. Sunset's other friends, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Applejack were already there.

"I got your text, Rainbow Dash!" Sunset exclaimed once she reached the school and spotted Rainbow Dash near the outdoor staircase. "Did something come through the portal? Is Equestrian magic on the loose? Did Twilight come back with a problem only we can solve?"

"Has a giant cake monster covered all the cakes in the world in cake?" Pinkie Pie burst out suddenly, and gobbled up two cupcakes she had in her hand. Sunset briefly glared at her.

"Um, not exactly," Rainbow Dash replied, picking up her blue guitar that was right next to her.

"Uh, I don't understand," Sunset said, perplexed.

"Well Sunset, I was just telling Rainbow Dash here that a broken guitar string doesn't really qualify as an emergency," Applejack explained, playing with the broken string on Rainbow Dash's guitar.

"It totally does!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, pulling her guitar away from Applejack.

"Really, Rainbow Dash? I was in the middle of sewing a very complex stitch on my latest frock!" Rarity said, clearly annoyed that that was the emergency Rainbow Dash had been talking about.

"And I was about to tuck everyone in for the night at the shelter," Fluttershy added. "Now I'll have to start stories all over again."

"Why would you send all of us an emergency text for a guitar string?" Sunset asked, also feeling bothered that a broken guitar string was Rainbow Dash's "emergency".

"Well, I was going to pony up and show our fans some awesome guitar licks," Rainbow Dash explained, pointing to the Crusaders who were sitting on the stairs of the building. "But I kind of need all six strings to do it. Got any extra?"

All of Rainbow Dash's friends sighed, and then Sunset reached into her backpack and pulled out a guitar string she had in it.

"Here," Sunset said, giving the string to Rainbow Dash. "But everyone's finished practicing for the day. I'm pretty sure all the music rooms are locked."

"No problem. The acoustics in the hallway are perfect for power chords," Rainbow Dash replied, adding the string onto her guitar. She strummed it to make sure it was secure. "C'mom, let's go!"

Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Applejack followed Rainbow Dash into the school building.

"You coming, Sunset?" Applejack asked, noticing that Sunset wasn't following them.

"I'll catch up in a bit," Sunset replied. Applejack nodded and went inside the building with the rest of her friends.

Sunset then took out a pen and a magical book she often used to write to Princess Twilight in Equestria. She began to write a letter to Twilight. 

Dear Princess Twilight,How's life treating you in Equestria? Any cool new magic spells? It's been pretty quite here at CHS since the Battle of the Bands

How's life treating you in Equestria? Any cool new magic spells? It's been pretty quite here at CHS since the Battle of the Bands. We still pony up when we play music, which Rainbow Dash just loves to show off. But I still can't quite grasp what it's all about. I would love to hear what you think about it and give me a sec.
Your Friend, Sunset Shimmer

Just then, a bus stopped by Canterlot High and a girl with glasses and a hoodie that covered most of her face stepped out of it. She pulled out a device and turned it on. Then she began following some strange readings that she was getting, which lead her to the portal to Equestria. Just then, Sunset looked up and noticed her.

"Hey!" Sunset called out, startling the girl

"Hey!" Sunset called out, startling the girl. "What are you doing!?"

The girl ran away, and Sunset ran after her. However, she was unable to catch up to her before the girl jumped onto another bus that was passing by.

"Who was that?" Sunset wondered.

Meanwhile, the mysterious girl sat on a seat in the bus and then pulled off her hoodie. She was Princess Twilight's human counterpart!