Chapter 13- Spike Can Talk!

After the first event was over, the Rainbooms had hung around the Wondercolts statue for a bit before the second event began. Twilight spying on them, unknowing to them.

The Rainbooms all headed back to the gym to prepare for the second event, expect for Fluttershy, who went the opposite direction. She hid behind some bushes and began tending to her kitten which she bought to school with her. Fluttershy then noticed Twilight, who had walked towards her.

"Do you want to give her a treat?" Fluttershy asked, referring to her pet. Twilight smiled and sat next to Fluttershy.

"Guess I'm not the only one to smuggle her pet into school," Twilight commented.

Fluttershy giggled. "Not just one." She opened her backpack further, revealing a hamster, bird, and her bunny Angel inside of it.

"Wow," Twilight remarked, looking at all of Fluttershy's pets. "All I have is Spike." Twilight opened up her backpack and out popped her dog Spike. Fluttershy picked him up.

"It really is uncanny! Does he talk?"

"Um, not that I know of."

"Congratulations on winning, by the way! Though, it didn't seem like anyone on your team was very excited about it."

"No one at my school gets excited about anything they didn't do themselves."

"That sounds awful."

Twilight suddenly began to feel glum, which Fluttershy quickly noticed. In an effort to cheer her up, she picked up Angel and held it out to Twilight.

"Here, hold this." Fluttershy gave Angel to Twilight.

" Fluttershy gave Angel to Twilight

"Um, why?"

"Holding a bunny always makes me feel better."

"Well, that's ridiculous! But — oh, it actually kind of works." Twilight then realized something was very wrong about this situation. "I'm on the other team and you just lost. Why are you being so nice to me?"