Chapter 6- Twilight On The Bus

Twilight was back in her private research room, getting ready to pack a few things before she headed to the buses. She put a few papers in her backpack and then reached out for a shirt that she knew she may need. However, Spike angrily grabbed onto the shirt with his teeth and began trying to pull it out of Twilight's hands.

"C'mon, Spike! I was always going to go to Canterlot High for the Friendship Games!" Twilight exclaimed, trying to pull the shirt out of Spike's mouth

"C'mon, Spike! I was always going to go to Canterlot High for the Friendship Games!" Twilight exclaimed, trying to pull the shirt out of Spike's mouth. She succeeded, and the shirt fell onto her face. Twilight put it in her backpack.

"Besides, it's not like Principal Cinch gave me much of a choice," Twilight added.

Spike sadly moaned, but cheered up when Twilight began petting him.

"I know, Spike, I don't like it, either. I probably won't be able to collect anywhere near as much data as I thought." Twilight picked up her device and stared at it for a moment before her face lit up. "But maybe I can still get some."

Twilight put the device around her neck, wearing it like an amulet. She then turned her attention to Spike.

"Spike! I wouldn't leave without you," Twilight said as she hugged her dog and then put him in her backpack. "Just remember to be quite and try not to shed."

Twilight put her backpack on her shoulders then left her research room and headed outside to where the buses were.

She spotted Cadence next to one of the buses, looking over something on a clipboard.

"Dean Cadence, I'm not really sure where to go," Twilight said, unintentionally cutting some other students who were in a line. 

"One second, Twilight," Cadence said, and then walked away, still focused on something on her clipboard.

"You could try the end of the line," Sour Sweet, one of the students in the line, sourly said to Twilight.

Twilight turned her attention to her and fixed her glasses. "What did you say?"

"Just that someone as smart as you should definitely go first," Sour Sweet sarcastically replied in a sweet tone. Another girl, Sunny Flare, smirked at Sour Sweet's comment.

"I — I didn't mean to. I was just asking."

Dean Cadence returned to the bus the girls were next to. "This is the right bus, Twilight. Go ahead!" She then left again.

"But I didn't mean to cut in front," Twilight said.

"Well, it's too late now," Sour Sweet replied.

Twilight put her head down a little and then walked up onto the bus.

"Are we gonna win!?" Indigo Zap suddenly shouted to Twilight, startling her.

"I — I don't know," Twilight replied, not really sure how to answer.

"Wrong answer! Try again! Are we gonna win!?"

"Um, I guess." Twilight then made a brief speech about Canterlot High doing better with their reputation and how Crystal Prep still couldn't let them win. However, everyone found her speech lame.

"You're going to have to take your seat," the bus driver told Twilight

Twilight, feeling embarrassed, looked for a place to sit. No one wanted to sit next to her, as everyone kept scotching themselves to available seats or putting their backpacks on top of them. Twilight was able to find a seat next to Lemon Zest and Sugarcoat.

"Hi, Sugarcoat," Twilight said, attempting to make a conversation.

"That was a really bad speech. You should consider not speaking in public," Sugarcoat bluntly said. She then turned her attention away from Twilight, ending their discussion there.

Twilight opened her backpack slightly and petted Spike.

"Well, Spike, at least I've got you with me," Twilight whispered to him. Spike winced, but not because Twilight was petting him. It was because Lemon Zest's music was too loud. 

"Dude, you have got to hear this!" Lemon Zest shouted. She took off her headphones and put them over Twilight's ears. Twilight felt uncomfortable, as the music was too loud for her, but she didn't say anything.

The bus began driving, and pretty soon all the Crystal Prep students were heading to Canterlot High