Chapter 4- Human Twilight's Research

At Crystal Prep Academy, Princess Twilight's human counterpart was walking in the hallway of her school. She stopped when she saw a bunch of other students clustered near the lockers.

Twilight adjusted the glasses on her face, took a deep breath, and then began walking past the students.

Twilight kept bumping into other students being that she was clumsy. Every time she did, she would quickly apologize, but often she got glared at in return. Twilight sadly headed towards a private research room in the building.

She opened the door and unknowingly hit her dog Spike, who had been waiting for Twilight to return

"Spike? Spike!" Twilight called out. Spike appeared from inside a trash can and ran over to Twilight, who giggled.

"There you are," Twilight said. Spike replied by licking Twilight's face a couple times.

"Okay, okay!" Twilight pushed Spike onto her lap and pulled out a device she had recently build from a drawer on her desk.

"Last night's field test confirmed it, Spike. With this device, I can track and contain the bizarre energy coming from Canterlot High," Twilight explained, turning the device on.

 With this device, I can track and contain the bizarre energy coming from Canterlot High," Twilight explained, turning the device on

Spike growled at the mention of Canterlot High.

"I know you didn't like me going there," Twilght said, petting Spike. "But I just couldn't wait. And soon I'll have all the time I need." Twilight pushed her chair and herself next to another desk. "All of Crystal Prep is going to be there for the Friendship Games. I just hope all that rivalry nonsense doesn't get in the way of my research. If I can collect enough data on these EM frequencies, I should be able to extrapolate the weight forms to determine their origin. That would practically guarantee my entrance into the Everton Independent Study Program."

Twilight, in all her excitement, leaned herself back a little too far and fell off her chair just as her dean, Dean Cadence, entered the room. She spotted Spike licking the fallen Twilight.

"Twilight, you know the rules against pets," Cadence said, helping Twilight up.

"Well Spike isn't a pet, Dean Cadence. He's a focus of my research project. Human-K9 cohabitation. Affects and implications!" Twilight replied. Of course, she was lying, but Twilight knew that Cadence would never approve if she knew what she was really up to.

"If you say so, but Principal Cinch is highly allergic so I suggest you put on a clean shirt." Cadence pulled off a dog hair from Twilight's school uniform.

"Why?"

"Why?"

"Because she wants to see you."

"Ooh! Maybe she has news about my application to Everton!"

"I've been meaning to talking to you about that. Are you sure that's what you really want?"

"Why wouldn't it be? A program that allows me to focus all my attention on my own advanced math and science projects! What a dream come true!"

"But there aren't any classrooms with other students. You'll be doing everything on your own."

"That is why it's called an independent study program."

"I just don't want you to miss out on anything, that's all. Being around other people isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it's how you learn the most about yourself."

"I guess

"I guess."

"Meet you in Principal Cinch's office in a few minutes?"

Twilight nodded and then Cadence left.

"What's she so worried about?" Twilight said once she was sure Cadence was gone. "Everton is exactly what I need right now. It's not like I have anything left to learn at Crystal Prep."