Chapter 20- Midnight Sparkle's Rampage

The flash of white light quickly disappeared, and the magic inside Twilight's device released itself into a tiny orb.

Twilight's bun had undone itself, and her glasses disappeared. She was lifted off the ground by the magical orb that began growing bigger and bigger and started engulfing Twilight slowly. Also, she accidentally dropped her device on the ground.

The Wondercolts and Shadowbolts all stared at what was happening in horror. They weren't quite sure what was going on, but they knew it couldn't be good. Spike even looked up and gasped in shock.

"Help — me!" Twilight shouted, trying to break free from the orb's grasp. But it was no use. The magic completely surrounded her.

There was another beam of white light, and then Twilight was transformed into Midnight Sparkle, a powerful and corrupted demon-like creature

Midnight had pink-and-purple striped hair that pointed upwards, blue eyes with purple pupils and blue flames surrounding each of them, and purple skin that was darker than Twilight's had been. She also had a blue unicorn horn on her head and large indigo-colored wings. She wore a purple-and-pink dress, purple glovelets, purple stockings, a choker necklace, and blue shoes.

 She wore a purple-and-pink dress, purple glovelets, purple stockings, a choker necklace, and blue shoes

Principal Cinch stared at Midnight in horror and began backing away slowly. Spike whimpered sadly before Midnight started evilly laughing and then turned her attention to Sunset.

"You were right!" Midnight exclaimed. "I didn't understand magic before, but I do now!"

Midnight's horn then glowed and a beam of blue energy shot out of her hand. It hit the Wondercolts' statue, completely destroying it and also opening up a rift to Equestria.

"Equestria!" Sunset exclaimed.

The rift began cracking the ground and then Midnight opened up another rift next to the crack. The Rainbooms had to dodge Midnight's attack in order to avoid getting hit.

Some students began screaming and leaving the school, wanting to avoid Midnight's rampage. Midnight completely disregarded the students' screams and kept on opening more and more rifts to Equestria. She had decided to go there and try to learn everything there was to know about magic. Midnight knew that opening too many rifts could destroy the human world, but she didn't care. She wanted to understand magic, and nothing was going to stop her.