Chapter Fourteen

SIA’S POV

I awoke to the sun shining through my curtains, I was alone in my bedroom, wearing Josh’s shirt. It was comforting to have something of his that smelt like him. I felt a little awful about just giving up on the conversation with him last night but I was just too upset to even look at him which is awful to say.

I knew how hard it was going to be to hold a long distance relationship with someone who had such a demanding job. He knew it was going to be this difficult too. I felt so stupid for how I acted last night. I acted like it was all about me and that’s not how I wanted it to be. I’m so proud of everything that he’s doing with his life, he’s accomplished so much and I’m so grateful and happy that someone as perfect as him chose such an average looking girl like me.

I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did, it was going to bother me all day until I could speak to him again.

I rolled out of my bed and went to check my emails. I opened twitter and wrote the following things:

“I’ve been so stupid lately.”

“You’ve made me happy to be myself and I’m so happy to be loved by you.”

The tweets did seem a little contradicting but my head has just been all over the place.

I decided I’d go have a quick shower.

Once I had got out of the shower, I called Josh. I got his voicemail.

“I’m so sorry for how stupid I acted last night. It’s not all about me and I’m sorry if it came off that way. I don’t want you to feel like you need to make sacrifices for me. I’m so proud of you and everything that you’ve accomplished. It’s just one more month and I’m sure we can make it work. You and I are so strong together. I love you.”

I was so happy to finally get all of that off of my chest.

I spent the rest of my day hanging out with Rachel since we were both lonely.

“One month eh,” Rachel said softly as she nodded her head.

We decided we’d hit up the mall and do some retail therapy.

“Apparently so,” I sighed and looked through some clothes.

We got some good deals before heading back to Rachel’s house.

“Crack out the sad movies and the ice cream, I can afford to get fat. I’ve got one month until I’ll actually get laid.” I said laughing.

Rachel laughed, she got off the bed and walked out to the freezer and pulled out a tub of chocolate ice cream. She walked back in and put on a Ryan Gosling movie.

We sat there in silence, watching the movie and occasionally crying at our loneliness.

Nearly halfway through the movie my phone began to go off. I sighed and got off the bed and paused the movie.

“It’s Josh.” I said smiling.

“Hello?” I said patiently.

“I got your message love and I want you to know that you are never stupid Sia. I want you to always tell me what you’re feeling. I want you to show you so much of my life, more than just the tour bus and backstage. I want you to see everything I do and I want you to be involved. I love you so much and I want and need you to be a part of my life. This is why I think I might have worked out a solution to this whole problem.” He said hopefully.

“Oh?” I said questioningly. “What would that be?”

“Max and I are willing to pay for you and Rachel to come here to the UK. This way, we can be together and I can also show you so much.” He said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Well, obviously I want to go! But I don’t want you to waste all of your money on me!” I said.

“I wouldn’t wasting anything, money spent well. I’m getting something so perfect and precious for that price.” He said playfully.

“Oh stop.” I said blushing. “We’ll I’ll go for sure and I’m sure Rachel will, I’ll drag her along”

Rachel looked up and me curiously and I just winked.

“Sounds good baby, I’ll see you within the next couple days. I love you.” He said excitement in his voice.

“I love you too!” I said and hung up the phone.

I glanced over at Rachel and smiled.

“Pack your bags; we’re going on a trip.”