Chapter Seventeen

JOSH’S POV.

Sia lay sleeping next to me, her head rest against my chest. Her hair was lying messily upon her soft face . She still looked perfect to me, though I know she would say otherwise. I held her closer to me, not wanting to let her go. I could watch her sleep like this forever.

It was quite strange because I don’t think I’ve ever really developed such strong feelings for anyone. I’ve always been so careful when putting myself out there with girls. I know that with my career, maintaining a relationship can often get very difficult and many girls just bugger off. But Sia, she isn’t like that. The distance between us on times has only managed to make us stronger together. I might even consider marrying this girl one day. Scary thought. But I just can’t see myself living a day without her.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when Sia had awoken from her slumber. She looked up at me, a small smiling creeping upon her perfectly constructed face.

“Good mornin’” she whispered and stretched.

Whenever she stretched, she made the tiniest squeak noise, almost a moan. It made me smile.

“Morning love,” I smiled and kissed her forehead.

I reached around her and grabbed the TV remote, turning it on. The volume from the TV remained as background noise. We lay in silence for a while before talking again.

“The band wanted to throw you a little birthday barbeque, I hope that’s alright love.” I said hesitantly and looked over at her.

“Of course! I’d love to see them all again, it’s been awhile!” She said, excitement clear in her voice.

Her face fell shortly after, excitement gone, replaced with what looked like frustration.

“Love?” I asked her questioningly.

“I was just wondering something. I had a good dream but it’s making me really curious.” She said.

“Well, go ahead.” I encouraged.

“What do you think our future will be like Josh? Like, what if I ever got pregnant or we wanted to get married?” She said softly, almost in a whisper, her cheeks burned a bright pink colour.

I haven’t really thought about what would happen if we started a family because I wasn’t really sure if I wanted it now. I knew I wanted it one day and I of course wanted it to be with Sia. I’d also considered what it would be like to marry her. Thinking about where I would propose to her, seeing her walk down the aisle, looking more like an angel then a small petite girl, just being able to call her mine for the rest of our lives. I usually act like such a goof with my friends but when it came down to it, I’m actually a huge sap when it comes down to the girl I love.

“I do want to marry you one day, I’d be the happiest man alive. As for starting a family, if you ever got pregnant, I’d take care of you. Don’t ever doubt how I feel about you.” I said as I pulled her closer to me.

“Thank you,” She said smiling as she rested her head against my chest again.

-----Later----

“OI, MATE. LET’S PLAY FIFA!” Chris yelled over at me from across the room.

“COME ON WANKER!” Matt chimed in for a moment before looking back at the TV, taking the moment to beat Chris while he wasn’t paying attention.

“Got you mate.” Matt laughed at nudged Chris.

“Not fair, you bender.” Chris yelled.

“Maybe later.” I said with a small smile as Sia and I walked into the kitchen.

“Happy belated birthday!” Rachel smiled at me as she greeted me with a hug.

Max stood behind her, smiling shyly as he turned back to what he was doing on the counter.

“Hi Max, “ I said.

“Hiya mate and happy birthday Sia” He added with a smile.

“Thank you. Where’s Dan?” Sia asked curiously.

“Out in the yard, cooking the meat!” Max smiled and winked.

“Right mate, thanks.” I said and shook my head, pulling Sia closer to my body. She looked up at me and smiled

Max was such a strange person, usually I was cool with his little jokes but I guess today they offended me. I suddenly felt like Sia and I were getting closer and I really didn’t want anyone else to be saying or doing such things with her other than me.

Sia and I walked to the backyard where Dan was preparing the food.

“Ah, there’s the birthday girl!” Dan smiled and walked towards us both to give us a hug.

“Hi Dan!” She said with a smile. “What are you cooking me?” She asked curiously.

“A good old fashioned You Me At Six kinda meal.” He said and nudged Josh.

“Hope it’s not bags of potato chips than mate, think my girls worth more than that!” I laughed and nudged him right back.

We chatted with Dan a little while longer before heading back into the house. The rest of the guys were camped out in the TV room playing FIFA – including Rachel. She was sitting patiently in between Max’s legs. His arms were wound around her so he could play the game.

“Come join me!” Rachel shouted desperately.

Sia smiled and nodded. “Sure,”

We walked over to the rest of the group and sat down on the floor beside Max and Rachel.

“You’re going to play with us mate?” Chris said hopefully and handed me another controller.

“Go ahead,” Sia said with a smile.

“Sure guys” I said and took the extra controller. Sia rested in between my legs, resting her head against my stomach as she sat there and played a few games on her new iPhone and occasionally would watch us play FIFA.

“Nice phone,” Rachel smiled and winked.

“What a lovely boyfriend I’ve got.” Sia smiled.

“Too right” I said with a laugh and kissed the top of her head.