CHAPTER 4

They managed to creep a few drinks to loosen the man, of course, with Captain America's permission. Bucky was feeling the shots hit him, blurring his logic and wisdom of whatever took place that very evening. His mind kept buzzing from what he heard from you, almost verging curiosity of whether you knew the secret to his desire. But then again, it seemed improbable.

What were you? Lucifer? You had no idea what he wanted— you don't know a single aspect about who he was.

But then again, you were slightly ahead of some agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. who were still not caught up with acknowledging the Winter Soldier's real name.

The man slumped into the couch, arm hanging over the edge of it as he begged his eyelids to remain open. Although he was growing weary, the Avenger's discussion was still crystalline clear to his ears. "Clarify to me again why we can trust a word from either of these two?" Natasha interrupted, propping against the countertop.

"Well, thank you again for the vote of confidence," Stark commented, a grimace riding his features.

"Yet, she has a point." Clinton muttered, eyeing the woman briefly, "May I remind you the time you hid your plot to create a superhuman peacemaker robot."

"And that's how I single handedly created one of our newest and finest recruits to the Avengers. You can't deny, Vision was a pleasant addition to our gang,"

"So you admit to Barnes accusation of you having Siancifite?"

"No, that's not what I meant—"

"Alright," Steve's gentle voice had snatched all eyes. Everyone inevitably caught onto the distraught written over his features, as he struggled to pull the fully grown man to be supported onto his shoulders, "Let's get you out of here,"

Pepper nodded at Stark's gesture, and led the captain to a spare room down the corridor. The Avengers held their gazes upon his figure till he disappeared into the room with the Winter Soldier and then resumed to speak in a more tender tone. "Thank you," Rogers forced a grin to the woman who held the door and flicked on the table light.

"He should be fairly fresh in the morning, don't fret too much," she whispered to the man, beaming gently at Bucky who blinked leisurely at her, "As for you, make sure you call on one of us if you need anything. Take care,"

Once the woman had left, Steve averted his gaze back upon his companion, worried from how belligerent he'd gotten. His explanation was clear but the reason to his aggressive tendencies was not explainable. What the Captain could remember clearly was Bucky breathlessly pushing through the doors of the Stark Tower pointing his finger at the suspect, saying he was coming up with another of his destructive schemes. He would not explain how he came to know the valuable information or how he had come to conclude it was certainly for a ballistic cause.

One thing led after another and Bucky had Stark's collar in his fists, eyes washed with a fire he owned when he was the monstrous Winter Soldier.

Steve Rogers gleamed at his friend who was staring listlessly at him. The young man swallowed hard on the lump in his throat, patting his legs before towing himself off the edge of the mattress. He leaned over and grabbed the covers, generously draping over his companion's weary form. He paused momentarily, gawking at his softened features before stepping towards the door. "Do you believe me?" Bucky garbled, head tilted sluggishly to the side.

Captain America held the doorknob, silent for a moment before heaving a sigh, "Whole-heartedly... I just need something to make the others just as convinced. Goodnight, Buck, I'll see you in the morning."

As the door locked, the only light the illuminated the murkiness of the bedroom was the table light. The man groaned, shifting to finally lie upon his back. He started frankly at the texture of the drywall, deep within his mind, he imagined himself in a time when life was— perfect. It was hard to rummage through his memory, but that's what helped him fall into slumber the easiest.

Stark paced before the large screen, his hand fondling with the lanky glass of liquor. Eventually, his darting eyes had found a place, leading him to the seat. "Jarvis, pull out the surveillance footage from yesterday night."

"Any preference in time?"

"Around 10:30 pm to 7:45 am," he waited as the blank screen lit with files of security recordings, "Okay, good, review of anything absurd—"

The silence was immediately filled by the robotic voice, "Footage deletion had taken place in the system between 11:47pm to 11: 52, Mr. Stark."

"Thought so," he murmured odiously under his breath. "I need you to retrieve the backup fil—" Before the man could resume discovering who the robbers were of last night, the darkness abruptly consumed everything surrounding him. Tony Stark cursed under his breath before he blindly scrambled through the corridor to meet with the rest of the Avengers.

The muscle on the Winter Soldier's face flinched when he sensed something bitter in the room. He batted his eyes open, and stared towards the door where he noticed the lamp sitting upon the table began to flicker. Sluggishly, the man reached towards the switch to rest the bulb when a gentle hand met his wrist. Although the alcohol was working with him, his reflexes leaped into action in which he callously snatched the intruder's hand. He leisurely sat up in his spot as his eyes fell upon your face that was dimly lit by the dark.

Just like mentioned before, whenever he laid his eyes on you, the only thing he wanted to do was choke you to fücking death.

But he'd blame whatever the hèll Clinton passed over to him for growing friends down under.

Feeling the man's grasp loosen, you tenderly slipped your hand through, instead intertwining your fingers with his. Bucky stared at you in a daze, which was great for your case. "Morning twinkle toes," you seductively cooed, crawling onto the mattress with your hands still fondling with his meaty fingers.

"What—" he stammered breathily, "What are you doing here?"

You straddled at his hips, "What else would any flirtatious half dressed woman do in a man's room?"

"You're mocking me," he gave a gentle shove with his hands, but your arms interjected, shoving them to the headboard of the bed.

"Oh please," you whispered, nibbling your bottom lip. He gulped audibly, making you want to chuckle. How many shots did it take to settle a hot-headed man like him? "Fine, if it's business you're so anxious to get to," you broke off to, ghost your breath upon his lips, "I have a few conditions..." His drunken gaze, sobered a bit as you shifted your weight upon his lap, "Number one, keep your trap shut. Number two, no one should be aware of the fact that my friends and I made this little visit. Number three," you broke off, clipping the handcuffs to his wrist and to the bed. His eyes sprung wide, sober enough to see the smirk on your face, "don't get any ideas."

Bucky weakly fought with the clutch on his wrist, "Let m—" before he could holler, you pressed your finger against his lip.

"Remember. Condition one, keep your trap shut." You whispered, swinging your legs over from his hips and hopping of the bed, "I managed to convince my leader, and he allowed me to give this to you." You said as you pulled a cylinder from the gap of your boot, and placed it at his lap. "The Ambassadors work their ašses off to ensure the unfortunate does not happen and freedom is given to those less fortunate. So don't screw this up and make the best out of it."

The Winter Soldier blankly stared at you as you spun on your heels and approached the frank darkness, "Wait," he called, forcing you to freeze, "we need to talk... about a lot of things,"

A smug grin rolled upon your lips, "Really now?"

"Yes, un-cuff me and I'll come with you."

You chuckled beneath your breath, before hearing the familiar ring in your ear again. "We need to go on a few more dates before the fun part comes, twinkle toes." You edge towards the window, "But how's about this? You expose Stark's dirty work and I'll give you a night to give me a pillow talk, sounds good?"

He nodded, recognizing he was getting used to your metaphors and pot-mouth. Just like a flash of an eye, you were gone into the dark. The room lit up completely as though the bulb had earned a few sparks. Bucky remained silent, and watchful merely for a minute or two before he realized the handcuffs around his wrists had vanished into thin air.

"Bucky? Bucky!" He heard his companion holler through the corridor, finally swinging the door open.

The Winter Soldier stared in awe, not blinking for even a second. He raised the cylinder of Siancifite, breathily muddled, "Here's your evidence..."