CHAPTER 12

To the Winter Soldier's surprise, the recruitment consisted of less than five people. He didn't quite understand why there wasn't a larger team for the mission, considering how much Goro emphasized the importance of the job. "Ethan's obviously taking tech. Rae is taking the guards. (Y/N) drives and Barnes takes care of the hard drive." The rest of the discussion went over him like a plane. The only thing that was on his mind was the thickness in the atmosphere that was leaving him a little light-headed. His unyielding eyes tried to peel away from you, but just couldn't muster the strength to.

You didn't happen to notice, or at least, you attempted to seem like you didn't really care. He knew you would be heated from the last encounter. He did reject your approach. But then again, you did put your hands in his pants— quite literally. He didn't say he didn't want to be intimate with someone, but he, at least, wanted make sure he was closer with the person. Sure, you aided him and brought him to the Ambassadors, but sex meant more to him than just returning the favor.

Certainly more than that.

The stern-faced man couldn't help but grin at the childish of your professional bîtch face. You were acting tough, bold and irritated but you just seemed like a baby who didn't get their French fry. He chuckled to himself, instantly catching your sharpened glare. He bit the inside of his cheek and returned his gaze to the front where Goro still continued to elaborate on the plan.

God, you were a piece of work.

✮✮✮

The vehicle was parked a bit too far from the condo but, for the sake of not getting caught, it was a necessity. Rae, the cold faced olive skinned girl, was the first to depart from the van and head towards the target's residence. Minutes later, perhaps ten, she radioed in to Ethan and informed him that surveillance could be taped into. Bucky Barnes kept his eyes close to how exactly the wimpy teenagers manage to complete their task. At first, the thirteen-year-old was doing whatever a government decoder would do. His fingers typed away at the laptop and fired at the touch-screen tablets for some access code.

Immediately after, he zipped up his cable-man jump suit and collected his handy-sac full of electrical utensils. Just before he shut the back doors, he looked at Barnes. "Keep your radio close. I can only give you a few minutes of leisure time before the system runs up again. Make your work quick and steady." He ordered. It was odd; the boy suddenly became a lot more serious than his original persona would have been. But right before he closed the trunk he beamed a little, "Try not to get caught. Good luck!"

The atmosphere heated, uneasiness hawked in the cluttered room right after the two Ambassadors left. Barnes glanced towards the driver's seat where you busily gleamed out the window. He knew you were just trying not to catch his eyes. He mustered all his courage to speak, knowing that he would bullshît some reassurance to set things straight with you. "So last night..."

Barnes eyes widened. You were the one that spoke.

What the fück?

"W-What about it?"

You abruptly turned around in your seat, glaring at the man. "You gave me the female version of blue balls. Do you not remember anything?"

"...I don't know what that means—"

"You're gay right? Of course you are, that's the only answer to all this shît."

"No I'm not! And what does that possibly answer?" He hollered to balance with the increasing volume of your voice.

"Just look at me! No one, I mean absolutely nobody wouldn't want to spend a night with me—"

"Lower your voice." He demanded.