CHAPTER 15

"Well, that should do the job," Goro muttered as he wrapped the gauze over the man's hand. "Just make sure you don't use the hand too much."

Barnes twisted and turned his wrist in an attempt to remove the numbness, "Thanks... so you're naturally gifted doctor, huh?"

The young man chuckled, hauling a stool before him. "That's a better way of putting it than calling it a superpower."

The Ambassador chuckled lowly, "Yeah, I guess so." He kept silent, diligently watching the Asian.

Goro finally noticed it and quirked a brow. "What?"

"You haven't given me the talk yet."

"The birds and the bees is not my specialty, my friend."

"Cut to the chase, kid." Barnes noticed how the teenager's face drained of enthusiasm. "What's really happening here?"

"You've got to be more specific with your questions if you want a decent answer."

Bucky clenched his jaws but eventually, loosened himself up as the young man still worked at the material around his palms. "Fine, we'll start off with the easier questions. How's (Y/n) doing?"

"She fine, just a little drowsy from the overdose."

The Winter Soldier's brows snapped together, "Overdose?"

"Pramoura. Last night I could a sensible word out of her when she was, ya know, out of it—"

"Invisible, I get it. What's this Pramoura I keep hearing about?"

"It was a vaccine created by the institution we came from. It was to suppress, reduce and uh, control our abilities. The drug was the only thing we got from the fire when left the very last day."

"Does (Y/n) have issues with... well controlling her abilities or what not?"

Goro cringed lightly, thinking about the correct method to explain the matter. "It's not that she can't control it. Actually, she can definitely control her abilities. It's just... she's scared."

"Scared of what?"

"(Y/n)'s never used her abilities in any of the missions because she's afraid if she initiates her powers, that it might get stuck. She's scared she'll stay invisible forever and so she's just... she's afraid of—"

"Afraid of?"

"Not existing."Goro heaved a sigh and stood up again, snatching the scalpel from the dishes. "Can you imagine what she goes through? I bet, every time she looks into the mirror, she's praying to every God she knows that her reflection would be there. And if it isn't, she's probably praying that it's a dream."

"She hasn't gotten stuck before, has she?"

"Yeah, she has. She got over emotional over a fight with someone in the Ambassadors and she ran off. We were looking her for days but then Mason heard her punching shît in her tent. We passed her room so many times, but because she got stuck, no one even knew she was there."

"So the Pramoura, or whatever it's called, does it actually for her?"

"It does. Except something must have happened to her the other day and it forced her to take a second load."

"And so I'm guessing the second dosage caused her to reverse its purpose and cause her to—"

"Get stuck, yeah."

Barnes clenched his jaws, eyes falling down to the ground. "You said she can control her abilities, so why doesn't she stop using the drug?"

"Well, it's not that easy." Goro ran his hands down his face. "Pramoura has addictive properties like Morphine or Dilaudid. And since (Y/n) thinks the drug is the only way to keep her powers maintained, it's just double the reason for her to stay on the wagon."