CHAPTER 7

One minute you were in his vision, and the next you were gone. There were moments he believed he was hallucinating you. It was so odd and creepy. Kind of cool too. "Twinkle toes! Seriously! Catch up will you!" He heard your voice. He swore it was like your voice was coming from right beside his ear sometimes. The man saw your dark silhouette at the end of another corridor. Eventually, he came to a stop, out of breath as he stared at a fairly brightly lit room.

"Hey," he heard your shrill and breathy voice, "come inside,"

Bucky leisurely strolled into the small entrance, stunned at the fact the voice he heard had no being to it. "Hello...?" He called quietly as he stepped further into the chamber. There was no response. The man stepped inside, following his instincts which failed to warn him of a painful fate. It wasn't until he felt a splash of water at his ankles when he recognized the flooring of the room was shallowly filled with water.

"Do you like it?" The man nearly leaped out of skin, gawking around the clearly empty containment. He felt like your voice was bouncing off the walls. "It's my old play room."

He furrowed his brows, avoiding your illogical comments, "Where the hêll are you?"

"Over here, twinkle toes." You cooed, eventually getting the disheveled man to glance over his shoulder. Realization painted over his features when he saw you were on the other side of the see through glass. The smirk plastered on your face made his chest tighten. He spun on his heels, sprinting towards the exit of the chamber which clearly didn't budge when he fisted and rammed into it.

He was in a chamber. Three walls were cement and one side was completely glass. There was water at his feet. The room was brightly lit. And when he stared ahead, he saw you along with another scrawny teenager standing fretfully behind the computer.

"Let me out!" He commanded, his voice lowering threateningly. For a moment, both Goro and you were astounded, staring at how he wasn't as vulnerable as those who'd been in his position before. You crossed your arms before your chest, eyeing your partner from the corner of your eye.

The young man was hesitant as he leaned over the keyboard of the computer, "Are you sure you want to do this, (Y/n)?" He whispered in which you immediately glared at him. Goro held his breath as he continued to code the program.

"What is this all about? I thought you called to talk about a deal." The Winter Soldier scowled. His stare was capable of spoiling milk.

"Totally, sweet cheeks." You smugly grinned, stalking around the table, "I just need to figure out whether you deserve what we've got planned for you."

His eyes were unyielding and unconvinced as they targeted mistrustfully on you. Your wicked grin spread wider and wider across your face as you neared the glass between you and the clearly pissed off man. "Ready?" You asked Goro, never breaking your eyes from Bucky's hardened orbs.

The young man swallowed before he muttered a quiet "Yeah," before he rapidly typed the seven digit code.

"What are you doing?" Bucky asked, almost agitated by the way you kept your gaze upon him.

The beam on your face flattened to something sinful, "Ever been electrocuted, twinkle toes?" And just as the man's eyes widened in realization, a ricochet of pain bolted through his veins and rippled through to his head. He let out a vigorous scream at the last few seconds of the torture. When the electricity had stopped, he felt his legs grow weak while his throat thickened. He frailly propped himself against the glass, panting heavily, "You don't know what you're doin—"

"Again," You demanded.

Once again, sparks flew through the man as his body shook violently.

"Again," your voice grew stronger, eyes never peeling off Bucky. You clenched your jaws, recalling your vulnerable and frail self in the same position. You remember crying and begging with hands raised in serenity to the professors, yet, they disregarded your empty cries for help. Your eyes began to well with tears at the sight of the Winter Soldier fight the torture.