CHAPTER 10

It was like sending your miniature clone to kindergarten. The expected would be the kid crying. But as a mother, you're crying, sobbing almost. Your beautiful, sexy, highly attractive baby is growing up so much—

Okay, this analogy is going out of hand. You sound like a pedophile.

In literal terms, your fully trained newbie is finally migrating to the Ambassador's lair. You and a few alternating crew members had been giving him all the information to success. You trained, tortured and taught everything needed to survive in the field of business. Mason had been watching Bucky's development from afar and finalized a date for him to move in.

There were obvious dilemmas on the Winter Soldier's part with the whole moving-in idea.

But he said it would be soon.

So for now, he would spend the majority of his time with the crew but he'd have to return to Steve again by the night.

"Here we are!" Ethan cooed, as you, Bucky and he leaped off the back of the pickup truck.

The man was obviously bewildered at what you were pointing. There was a huge fence with a board that clearly said: NO TRESSPASSING. And beyond that was a wrecked and torn warehouse entrance. He knitted his brows into a frown. "This is where you live?"

"What were you expecting? A five-star hotel?" You asked, avoiding eye contact with the man.

Remember how last time he figured out about your naughty little secret? Now you were so stubborn that you refused to look him in the eye. Secretively, the ex- Winter Soldier found it a bit endearing. "Well, where are the others then?" He asked, following close behind.

"You'll see." Ethan beamed, waiting as the man stepped through the enormous tear in the fencing. "I heard they are all excited to meet you."

"They know I'm coming?"

"Hell yeah. It's a tradition in our little circle to give newbies a nice welcoming party." You commented, prying open the steel door with Ethan's aid. Barnes' eyes trailed behind the two of you as you stepped in. The ground was filthy and there were trash cans rolling here and there. But what struck him the most was the lack of bodies in the room.

"It's empty." He growled bluntly. "You're playing with my head. Why are we here?"

"Oh, cmon! Step inside!" The younger boy called, his voice echoing tremendously.

Bucky felt the air was thick. It was as though there were people there. It aggravated him. Considering the number of pranks you had already pulled on him, he was really through with following orders now. He caught your gaze only once and once was enough.

He'd never seen a genuine sincerity in your eyes. You looked so eager. It was like you wanted to show him something extraordinary. The gleam in your eyes was innocent, much like Steve's. He never thought he'd come to a moment in time where he'd trust you, but he did.

"Come on, twinkle toes!" You called. He still stood there in silence and shock. You heaved a sigh and jogged towards him. You snatched his hand and hauled. He was surprised you weren't stubborn anymore.

From out of the blues, the air thickened. It actually took an effort to pace through this infinite wall. But merely seconds later, he felt like he was back in a comfortable air density. It was almost like he had walked through a force field.
And then— everything went bonkers. 

Before him were dozens of vibrant orange tents laid out in a perfect pattern. Along with that, there were dozens of squeamish teenagers, scattered all about in the place he thought was empty seconds ago. "Do you like it?" You asked generously. The man stood oblivious for a moment before glancing down at you. He nodded in a daze. Feeling awfully intruded, he withdrew and kept his distance from the rest, hiding behind you.