ESP and Chicken

Chapter 4

I awake in Loki's arms. 6pm. I feel so at peace. A feeling I haven't felt since I was a child. I gaze up towards his face to find him staring at me warmly with a smile. I have never felt this kind of enveloping calmness in my life, again, since I was a baby in my mother's arms. For a moment, I thought I heard him speak, like he said, 'I am here Raven. I am here for you,' I ask him, "did you say something Loki?" he smiles and again, I hear 'no' but, IN MY HEAD. I perk my head up slightly and look at him bewildered. "Did you, just, talk to me, in my head?" I say aloud.

He smiles deviously, "Yes I did Raven, it's one of my many gifts. I didn't feel it was appropriate to use it just yet but after our encounter a little while ago, I saw fit to reveal it to you," he squints and continues that devious smile.

"Can I talk back to you that way?" I ask.

"Yes you can, simply think what you wish to say. I will hear it," he nods to me to give it a try.

And like the total dork I am I come up with this, "Testing, testing, can you hear me Loki?" I think.

He giggles, "Yes Raven I can hear you," he reaches for my face and slides his fingers through a few strands of my hair, then gently glides the tips of his fingers across the edge of my right eye and saddens his face.

I close my eyes at his touch, "I shouldn't have gone to his house. I knew it wasn't a good idea, but I did anyway," I begin to weep. As the first tear reaches the bottom of my jawline, he reaches out and gently wipes it with the tip of his thumb, then slowly pulls my head back toward his and kisses me. This time, it's slow, gentle, loving. His lips are so soft and inviting. I feel my neck start to kink, so I throw my left leg over his body, straddle on top of him and throw my hair over the left side of my neck. He places his hands on my sides then slowly slides them down my hips and rests them on the sides of my thighs. I feel as if nothing else around me matters, nothing, noone, at all. I pull up for a brief moment and peer weightlessly into his eyes, "I feel so close to you Loki, what have you done to me?" I cup his face with my hands.

He places his hands around my wrists, "No Raven, what is it that you have done to me? I feel like meeting you was not an accident. The circumstances surrounding our paths crossing were predetermined. It was destiny. I was meant to find you, and you were meant to find me. I feel like I must protect you. At all costs."

I begin to lose myself in his gaze when, once again, I notice the time, "It's getting late, I need to get dinner started because I want to go to bed early since I haven't gotten any real sleep this weekend. I gotta go to work tomorrow also," I lean up, still on top of him.

"What is your profession Raven?" he asks, his hands still on my thighs.

"I'm a waitress at a very nice restaurant," I reply.

"Wai-tress?" He asks.

I chuckle slightly, "I work at a place that serves very expensive Italian food. I take peoples' orders and then bring it to them," I smile.

"Ah, that sounds delightful. Do you enjoy it?"

"It's not too bad. The people that eat there are mostly rich so they leave good tips, er, very generous gratuities," I explain further.

"Ah, well you seem like a very strong willed young woman, I'm sure you're very good at your job," he reaches up and gently touches my left cheek.

I drop my left leg to the ground and throw my right up over Loki, stand up and stretch. Loki throws the blanket over his legs, looks up at me with the most gut-wrenching puppy dog face and pats the blanket next to his leg signaling me to lay with him.