Raised by Wolves

/ Hey guys! I've refrained from authors notes up until now because I wanted you guys to focus on the story, but the overwhelming response I've gotten from it has got me a bit giddy I hope you all have been enjoying it so far and are still hanging in there! There is A LOT more to come Please feel free to leave reviews, theyre much appreciated ! 3 You all -V /

Raven: Regular

Loki: Bold

ESP: Italic

In this chapter, italics will be used for a phone conversation. Thought I'd point that out to avoid confusion.

Wow! I am completely beside myself right now. I mean, not only did Loki cook this fabulous meal for us and bought me flowers, but he bought this exquisite, beautiful necklace. I am speechless. I look down at the emerald piece, completely awe-struck. It sparkles vibrantly as it moves between the tips of my fingers. I start to zone out in the luster of the necklace when I hear Alice coming down the stairs.

"Hey guys, I'm home!" she says as she prances down the stairs. "Wow, Loki, you've been busy I can see," she puts her purse down on the chair and oggles the dinner spread still laid out on the table. He nods slightly as he giggles.

I look up at her with puppy dog eyes holding the necklace forward, "Look what Loki got me," I say in the tiniest of voices.

Alice's eyes practically pop out of her head, "Holy shit! He bought that for you?!" I nod. "Today?!"

"Yyes, why?!" I ask puzzled.

"Well, he came to me to ask for some money because he wanted to do something special. Thing is, I only gave him $100,"

"Ahh that reminds me," Loki chimes in casually as he walks into Alice's room and grabs something from the dresser and walks back out. "Here you are Alice, thank you so much," he says as he hands her the $100 bill back.

Alice holds it in her hand and just stares at it for a minute, "Um, ok, I'm lost," she shakes her head.

"Well the only reason I asked to borrow money was because I had no idea what it looked like. I was able to conjure up some of my own to purchase Raven's gifts," he explains.

"So let me see If I understand this, you basically made money from thin air?" Alice has the most contorted and confused look on her face right now.

Loki holds out his hand and 3 $100 bills appear and then disappear with a flash of light, like a magic trick.

"Whaaat?! That is freaking cool! You wanna hook me up with some cash," she replies like a teenager eyeing her parent's wallet.

"Alice, my dear, I only did that to get something for Raven, I couldn't, in good conscience make money. It wouldn't be very honest," he replies. Sheesh he sounds like such a Boyscout, but I understand his point.

"He's right Alice, just think, if he gave us each, say a million dollars, don't you think it would raise some red flags with the IRS and whatnot," I say eyebrows raised.

She pouts, "Urgh that's not fair, but I guess you're right,"

"I only use my magic when it's necessary,"

"Ya know, for the God of Mischief, you're very ... tame," I say with a squint and a giggle.

"You know that to be untrue, love," he thinks to me with a devious facial expression.

"Ha!" I say out loud; mistakenly.

"What?" Alice snaps back startled by my exclamation.

"Huh? Oh. Oops. Loki and I were talking telepathically," I say with a bit of a flushed face.