And Then All Went Cold

/ /So sorry for not posting any previews ... this chapter contained scenes that were a surprise and I didn't want to give anything away. I hope you all enjoyed that last chapter! I had a blast writing it. Although I will admit, writing fight scenes, especially in the 1st person, is not an easy task. But nevertheless, I'm glad you guys are still stickin by! Get ready for another wild ride  -V / /

Regular: Raven

Bold: Loki

The first thing that makes it's way into my consciousness is pain; intense, pain. It's coming from, everywhere. No more in one spot, just, everywhere. I try to pry my eyes open, but even they hurt. I try to will every bit of energy to open my eyes. After a few seconds, they do. Everything is fuzzy though. Like when you get out of a pool. I go to lift my arms to rub my eyes but they feel as though they've fallen asleep. No! I'm not weak! I can do this dammit! I tighten my arms and lift them to my face, however, they collapse under their own weight. So instead of rubbing my eyes, I've smacked my face! Come on Raven! Move your arms dammit! I manage to move my right arm and I push it into my eye, trying to rub it. I then slide it to my left eye and rub that one as well. It helped a little as I can see outlines and colors now instead of just a haze. I don't recognize any of the colors though, and the smell is foreign as well; where am I? I'm not in a hospital because as far as I know, I don't hear any beeping machines nor feel any needles in my arms. Broken pieces of the last memories I have flood my mind; Lina at the restaurant, the attack, Loki holding me--LOKI! Where is he?! Now every inch of me wants to move. I need to! I have to get up and find him! I groan loudly as I squirm in the bed, at least I think it's a bed. 

"Easy there, lay still," says a soft female voice from the other side of the room. I hear her getting closer as she speaks. 

I turn my head in the direction the voice came. I still can't see much except that whoever she is, she has black hair. Black hair?! Lina! I scurry backwards with all the energy I can muster like a cowering animal and fall backwards off the bed hitting my shoulder on some other piece of furniture. As I hit the ground, a thousand, burning, stinging pains flash all over my body.

"Raven, calm down. It's ok, we're here to help. Fulla! I need you in here!" calls out the woman again.

I continue to scurry backwards until I reach a wall, "Who are you?! Where am I?!" I cry out with my head tilted away from her.

The black haired woman sits on her legs in front of me and puts her hand on my arm, "Raven it's alright. My name is Aida, I am one of Eir's healers,"

"Who? Who's Eir? Where am I?" I demand.

"You're in Asgard, Raven," she responds slowly, as if I'm supposed to know.

"Asgard?! Where's Loki?!" I call out in a panic.

"Fulla!?" she yells again.

"Yes Aida?" answers the other female.

"Watch Raven while I go find Prince Loki,"

I watch as Aida leaves and another figure comes into my view. This woman seems smaller than Aida, and she has platinum blonde hair. Her face is starting to come into focus as my eyesight starts to return.

"Who are you?" I ask the blonde woman.

"Forgive me, my name is Fulla, I am Queen Frigga's handmaiden. She sent me to you to tend to whatever you might need."

"Queen Frigga; Loki's mother," I reply.

"Yes," she replies timidly. 

I rub my eyes again and can now pretty much make out all of my surroundings. I am in a very large room. The walls are very ornate. Carved wood, gold trim and stone ordane the wall from floor to ceiling. I look up. The ceiling seems to go on forever! The windows as well are huge! The curtains are just as opulent as well, a shimmering tan color with gold embroidery. Even the bed I was laying in is more regal than anything I've ever seen, I feel like I'm in Buckingham Palace from another dimension; that would be my most apt way to describe it.